Tracker Extended Warranty

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zack Wilson

Reaction score
Did anyone of you get the extended warranty from Tracker on your boat, motor and trailer. My warranty is up on my 175 in 2 days and I am trying to decide at the last minute if I should get it. They want 842 for 5 more years with a 50 deductable. I was reading through the fine print of the warranty and it seems like they keep themselves pretty safe. It says they don't cover any engine damage cause from pinging, detonation or preignition unless the oil pump fails. That has me kinda worried. I am afraid that if i do have a engine problem it won't be covered anyhow. Anyhow if any of you have used this warranty please tell me how it went.

I am also considering mercury extended warranty, It is about the same money but of course its just on the motor and it is 3 years instead of 5. What do you guys think.

Thanks

I bought the 4 year (takes mine to total of 5 years) on the whole kit and kabootle. I've not had to use it yet (boat is just over 2 years old). First off the price is negotiable, I was quoted about what you were for the same 5 years total with a $25/deductible. I negotiated it down to $625, like all extended warranties they make a lot of money on these so the dealer has a lot of wiggle room.

I bought mine since this was my first new boat/motor the wife and I wanted 5 years of worry free. I've only got the 40hp on my 175, I know the higher HP motors are more prone to problems, but I think it is mostly 150's and up which are real high performance ones. If I were to do it again, I might go the route that Spanky did and get a few years on the motor, but with the $25 deductible anything broken will not cost much to fix. I'm not electrical handy at all so I wanted to make sure it would last, figured if it didn't happen in the first 5 years I should be safe for a while. I do garage my 175 which effects how much moisture it gets, so hopefully it will last me quite a while.

read it carefully. i had one that the fine print said it would not cover damage caused by bearing or seal failure.which dosen't leave much left. the person selling me the warantee told me it would cover everything.it was 1 year old and it was a 800.00-5 year warantee. P.S.it was not a tracker warantee. thanks stan

Latest posts

Back