To Rotate or ......

• Thread starter Jimmy Easterling
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Easterling

Reaction score
I looked at my radial tires on my single axle trailer that my Z7 rides on and one side is wearing on the inside of the tire and the other side is wearing on the outside, both just slightly. Some say never change the direction of your radials and some say it doesn't matter, I rotate my truck tires but never considered the trailer. What do ya think, rotate?

I had my new goodyears balanced on my z7 trailer when i replaced the stock tires and i have perfectly even wear now.

Get rid of the trail america tires and buy some goodyear marathons. My stock tires did the same thing, I made no adjustments to the trailer just got rid of the tire. The goodyears pull so much better night and day difference.

I would get them balanced as said by Chris but they are non-directional tires most likely so you can rotate from side to side but make sure your tire pressure is what is recommended also...... check every time before going out....

Holy Crap Mark...that's only 350 miles?:eek:

My Carlisle's need to be replaced but, I've got quite a few miles out of them.

Although I have also noticed weird wear on the outside....can't complain.

I'll stear clear of Trail America.:unsure:

First thing I did was buy the Goodyear Marathons and had them balanced before I took the boat out. I have been running 44 psi and have, since I noticed the wear, increased it to 48 psi. They are 2 years old this month and have had very little rest between the 140 mile round trip to the lakes I fish. "Sounds more like that your axle isn't at 90 degrees to the chassis and may need a minor adjustment." Is that something that can be done in the back yard? I have noticed that on level ground my boat sits slightly low on the left side on the trailer.

Thommo59,

Thats crazy amounts of wear for only 350 miles. WOW!

Mine were cupping but nothing like that. My biggest problem was dry rot and cracking after only a year. Even my spare which is covered and has never had weight on it was cracking.

Jimmy some of your wear may have been caused by running the pressure too low. The marthons re designed to run at 50 psi, no less. At 44 you may have been over the weight capacity of the tire or darn close to it. that will cause funny wear patterns. I would get new ones if they are tast and run them at 50 and see what you get. Watch it close and if the wear continues its time to have a trailer shop look at it.

Yea Tee, steer very clear of the trail america's they are nothing but chinese made garbage.

Ummm...I thought that all the Chinese made was garbage:lol:

Bad wear eh? I put Yokohamas on and have done now around 400 miles and the little knobs havent even worn off yet. The tyre company told me to get wear so bad, the trailer must have major issues but it doesn't. We measured up everything and its within a bee's dick in spec. The pressure was 54 PSI in the original tyres and now I run a little higher at 58psi with the Yoki's.

Mark...your's are 13's right?

I'm getting ready to get some new for mine and might look into the Yoki's....

Yep mine are 13's The Yoki's are Delivery Star 818

175R 13C 8 Ply Made a remarkable difference to the towing and the overall diameter is within a bees dick of the original Trail Americas

Yep mine are 13's The Yoki's are Delivery Star 818

175R 13C 8 Ply Made a remarkable difference to the towing and the overall diameter is within a bees dick of the original Trail Americas

Latest posts

Back