TIres

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP Heintzman

Reaction score
Nitro 170TF and the tires on the trailer are 185/80 D13. I am having a terrible time locating just the tire. BPS sells the rim and tire for about $90.00. Just trying to find a tire to replace my blown one is running $90.000 after mounting/balancing, so I might as well get the whole deal from BPS. I don't know why, but this size is difficult to find. Is it possible to buy a different size rim that holds a tire that is more readily available, one that will fit within the wheel well? I sure don't need a crapload of rims lying around. Thanks.

JP

"I don't know why, but this size is difficult to find."

I was told last weekend that most of the tire makers are no longer making the smaller tires, even the smallest cars have the larger tires on them now. I will check, but I am pretty sure mine are 14, if not I would just ship you my old ones. Good luck.

JP, you are going to Clark's Hill this weekend, do you want me to look around here for the tires, I'm less than an hour from Augusta.

Hey Jimmy,

Yes, I'm headed to Clark's Hill on Thursday and will be there thru Sunday. I'm too paranoid to travel without a spare so I"ll probably end up buying the whole rim and tire at BPS tomorrow, I sure do appreciate the offer though. We have four or five boats fishing a bragging rights tourney, you are more than welcome to fish along if you want.

JP

Thanks, JP. My son is coming in from Pa Sat night and we are planning to fish Sun. If my Z7 comes in before then I may do that, if not we will fish our local lake. I've already pulled all the electronics off the Z6 so I would be flying blind and I don't know Clark's Hill well enough to do that. Good luck with the braggin rights.

About the tires, I changed mine out to radials and it really made a difference in the way it pulls. You don't have a buddy with a small two wheel trailer like a lawn mower trailer that you could borrow a spare until you could find the tires? Anyway, good luck.

Well, that is a whole different story. Short version: those nice shiney trim rings and center caps are plastic held on by rustable little clips. Lost a trim ring one day and it took 1.5 hours to find it on the side of the road. A tackle shop in Columbia, SC was going out of business and I found two aluminum wheels with radial tires for $300, they were marked $299 each. I sold the old wheel and tires for $35. Mine are 14".

Not two tires, two tires and wheels mounted and balanced and ready to go for $300.

Tire.JPG
Tire.JPG

PT205/75R14

They look good bro'. Was on the way home and decided to stop by an old fellas place that sells small trailers. Checked the tires and they were what I needed so I asked and he had three, only charged me $80.00 for a mounted ST 175/80 D13. I had about 20 min before Walmart Auto Center closed, got there and the guy balanced it for free!:D Had the good Lord not watched out for me, I would have had to make the three hour trip in the morning with no spare tire, which I already know would be pretty darn stupid, but we're prone to those types of decisions when fishing is on the brain, eh:lol::lol::lol: Anyway, got two new tires on the road with a good spare in the truck bed and I'm rollin out at 0400, WOO-HOO! Clark's Hill fishin' report to follow on Tuesday:cool:

JP

Latest posts

Back