Tin Thickness.....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
Guys, I need a favor......

If any of you with access to some machinist tools that can check the thickness of your hull on your 175 or 185's would be much appreciated.

I found the thickness of my 02' 185 is .087 and NOT .100

I don't see anything in fine print as far as + or - on tolerances of hull thickness.

Thanx in advance,

TEE

tee,

i dont see anything in print about +or - but the machine industry standard for sheet

material is most likely 15 or 20 thousanths of a inch. "i think" as it is difucult to roll out and strech and keep consistant over large areas.

but my advise to you is don't cave in for them make life hard for the decision makers.

file a complaint with any org who will listen.

call up the corp ladder as high as you can get. be a pest other wise a complaint a week can be buried on someones desk.

the last thing this corp wants is some guy yelling from the mountian tops about how he got taken advantage of.

bad press is their fear use this how you like.

Joe

If they don't make it right...I will change the "T" in Tracker to a "C" and drive around with my "CRACKER" boat in tow in front of BPS!

I'm sooooooo sick of dealing with them that I don't think they'll EVER get any more of my hard earned money:angry:

BTW...I've got 20+ years experience in the machining industry and - any material thinner than .125 (1/8") comprimises strength. I did not see any fine print on hull thickness.

Please guys...anybody?

I need this info badly...I need to know if there are others with hull variances.

Tee,

Sorry I can't help you specifically... But, my Magna 19 is .100. It is a combination of alloy type and thickness that reflects quality and strength.

Did you check it? My point is it's advertised as .100 but, I check .087

That's a lot on material that's only .100 to begin with.

Thanks Greg

Mine is .100 +/- a few thousandths (checked a few places). As I said the alloy may make a difference. I know that Princecraft uses a thinner skin that some of the others and Hewes boats are .125... Lund uses two thicknesses (at least)...

Mine is alloy also but, I can't get an answer out of Tracker on variances.

My boat is supposed to be a one piece hull and could only check it in a few spots also but, didn't come near .100

After checking the net..MAN O MAN I found out there's a slew of newer boats that are welded and the welds are poppin' like popcorn!

I'm just sick at this point...too bad Cracker Marine won't take care of their customers:angry:

BTW... I am in no way directing this at poeple who have decent luck with their boats. This is to inform new buyers...of BUYER BEWARE!

Send a note to Jeff White (Magna 19) he is pretty knowledgeable about metal "stuff"...

Latest posts

Back