..these guys ROCK!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
I sent a short note yesterday morning to Randy Hopper (Pres. of Ranger) telling him how much I like my new Z20.....and I had a question also regarding "bow lift" and the fact that I thought the 520's nose would rise higher than my Z's.....wanted to know if it was just an illusion or if there WAS a difference. Less than an hour later I got a reply back,...from Randy, and he said he was going to have their chief engineer call me back and answer any addt'l question I might have regarding set-up and performance. (I am not the least bit unhappy with it now,...it runs GREAT,...just wanted to know about the bow lift)

Anyway,..I got a call about 130pm from the engineer,...he asked me which prop I was running and how many batteries I have, as well as my current top end (I said, "3-blade 25P, 3 batteries, and 68mph GPS, with 5hrs to go for complete break-in") He then asked me if I had a jack plate or not...."No,...I don't" He said,..."Who is your dealer??" I told him where I took delivery and he told me,..."I am going to send you a 10" setback plate,..no charge,...and you can have the dealer install it,...you will gain 1-2mph top end,..and you'll get all the bow lift you need!!....is that okay?" Unreal,....Mini and I can put the jack plate on ourselves with a little help from some "sources" who have a motor lift and the req'd wrenches;) and I'll have a PRIMO rig. I didn't even ask for anything or expect anything (other than an answer) and they're sending me a free jack plate......now THAT is customer service above and beyond!!:cool:

Mac

Wow! They ALL need to take lessons from them...especially Tracker:blink:

Yeah, but who wouldn't want to help out a famous guy like you? LOL

wolf

Good to here that pleasing the customer is dead.

"Yeah, but who wouldn't want to help out a famous guy like you?" LOL

Oh you'd be surprised Wolf!!! ahahaaha I do have some awesome sponsors now though...

I'm VERY happy with my deals from the following companies:

Bass Pro Shops

Ranger

Yamaha

Spro/Gamakatsu

Keel Shield

Lowrance

Action Performance

now all I need is a GASOLINE sponsor!!:blink::wacko: (Dream on big boy!!):wacko:

Basscat and Ranger do it because YOU have stock in their company when you purchased your boat:lol:

Ranger has been know for many, many years as a topflight customer service manufacturer. I wouldn't want to speculate what additional 'perks' someone get's from a sponsored boat (especially a famous one), but regardless - it's still a very nice deal.

Would love to have a Ranger, but . . . .

Not enough coin to do that.

Tex

I used to work for an old man that would say, "Take care of business, and business will take care of you."

Harpo

You mean he asked about batteries but not about your size? Did you have a biscuit eating brother-in-law with you at the time? :)

...I'll call them right now and have them throw in some more gravy with the jack plate!!:p

Back