The Texans Got YOUR Weather!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Snow

Reaction score
Well guys, all the crap I've been spewing about feeling sorry for you poor guys living up north. We had 3" of sleet. The good thing is, the crunchy sleet melted some today and re-froze. Now, we have uncrunchy ice.

But hey, our lakes are still wet :)

That's good to hear. I was getting worried about those lakes up north. I was starting to think Fork was going to freeze over.

Nah.. it gets to 18 tonight and 39 tomorrow. Thurs gives us a high in the 50s.

I just drove back from Ft.Worth. That's not snow-- it's more like a white epoxy coating. I noticed when we parked the 3/4 ton ford van we were in didn't even leave a tire track. Longest day on the read I can remember. One of those has to be done TODAY trips. I'll bet you'll happy to see that stuff melt.

Harpo

It is crazy this time of year oklahoma too. it got up to 50 sat and caught a couple nice bass. sun had 4 inches of snow and blizzard conditions (that was the night that Rob was doing his nekid snow dance). mon night, another inch of snow. sleet possibly tonight with 2 more cold fronts coming thru this week. all week is a chance of sleet or snow till friday. yuck. real cold too! north part of state got a LOT of snow. hope lake fork warms up by april.

jd

Na na na na na na naaaa!!!! Haaaa, take that you rebels! LOL I'm dancin in the snow, just dancin in the snow! LOL Tournaments huh? I DON'T THINK SO!!!! Rub it in will ya? Well, how does THIS feel???? hahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!!! Just you wait until I convince the lil missuz to start dancin wid me.....den you'll see havoc like never before! LOL Ever heard of the "perfect storm"? Just imagine it in snow!!!!!!!

Got a digital video recording of what it was like in Austin from my son last night. Down in his neighborhood, it looked like someone poured water on the streets/sidewalks and then did an instant freeze. Just one great big solid sheet of ice. UGLY!

Tex

STOP IT ROB!!!!

misted all last night and froze up, now we got those streets too and the snow from sunday hasn't melted and MORE is on the way everyday this week.

remember, all this stuff is coming your way too!

jd

I can feel your pain, Harpo. I drove home from Tulsa yesterday. Left at 2 in the afternoon, didn't get home until after 10! The longest part of the trip was AFTER I crossed the Red River. The hill were the worst...never seen so many trucks sliding backwards!

My WeatherBug just chirped at me and said there's another freezing drizzle warning! MAKE IT STOP!!

James D.,

Go ahead and send it this way, cause we can handle it!!! I just love this pic!!

Bob G.
P3070084A.jpg

bob g,

you can have all you want as I'm sick of this stuff and I want to go fishing! looks like you guys are better equipped for the snow. we just shovel what we can and if that ain't enough, we stay home! it sure has been crazy this month for sure. good pic! that will take a month to melt.

jd

Pic is from 2 years ago, but I posted it again just to show what it's like sometimes up here. This pic was in early March and we got two more feet later in the month! I'll be in Texas in less than two weeks. I don't think my rental car will have AT tires on it!!

Bob G.

Hey James, our day will come. In a week or two in March it'll be 85 here and we'll be out chasing them bass and Rob will still be DRIVING across the lake.

I used to have a customer who grew up in Buffalo. She said when she was a kid she always hoped summer would fall on a weekend so they could have a picnic. Haaaaaaaaaa

Harpo

FYI, the speed limit on Lake Champlain (Vermont side) in the winter is 50 mph for vehicles. Speed limit is the same as un-posted roads in VT!! DUI is also illegal on the ice! There was an article in the local newspaper last week as a reminder!

Bob G.

bob,

Rob had better quit that dancin or summer may be just a short picnic! What do they do on the lake in the winter, put speed limit signs on the buoy's? I don't think I would try driving my truck on the lake. It just wouldn't seem right. (don't tell anybody but I think rob is beginning to loose it big time)

jd

Saw a really cool (no pun intended) show on one of the cable channels recently about a salvage company that goes out and pulls semi tractor rigs out of the ice when they break through while driving on marked highways across the lake. They don't usually go down all the way just up to the axles or the trailer drops through leaving the cab sticking out. I guess the real fun when the lake re-freezes around the truck.

I couldn't live like that.

Harpo

I keep my truck off of the ice since most insurance companies won't pay for any mishaps or sinkings on the lake! Imagine the following conversation...."Hey honey, remember that $35,000 that I spent on my truck? It's now at the bottom of the lake, bummer! I guess I'll go and get another one!!!"

Bob G.

Been there, seen that! And DEC charges/fines you every day it's below the ice. And it's NOT cheap to get them out either. One guy had to have it down with a diver (60+ feet of water) and a helicopter! Out of pocket too as the insurance co told him to pound salt.

Latest posts

Back