The Power of the Global American Brand

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Gang,

Just a quick "Happy Monday" from Trep.

Two things this weekend really hit me about the visability and power of the American Brand globaly. Sunday we took my mother-n-law & Sister-n-law (they are in for a week's visit) to one of the 3 WalMart Supercenter's in Shanghai (our first visit too!). Like any WalMart on Sunday afternoon it was PACKED with the locals, and the foods/clothes... were all marketed to the local customers, just was Walmart does in the US in each city.

Then this morning, I am still fighting an intestinal bug from my trip to Delhi 10 days ago), so the Dr. appt is 9:15, so i'm in Starbucks in Shanghai getting a coffee and cake, working on my laptop for an hour till i bike across the street to the Drs. office.

It just kind of made me think ... mmm... These two american Icon corporations are PACKED in Shanghai China, with Locals and Expats (more Expats at starbucks then walmart) but the global reach and desire to patronize American Companies is HUGE over here.

Anyway, have a great Monday, hope no one gets the stomach infection I got, and hope someone got to fish this weekend!!!

Trep

Trep, Cipro is "the bomb" for that stuff......you need to keep it handy when you go to India.

Berry - Carry Cipro, what ever nasty alien bug I got did NOT respond to Cirpo, Dr. has me on a different antibiotic starting this AM, along with a "good" bacteria to start repopulating my tummy. I've never had one that did not respond to Cipro, so this is one ugly bug (to quote MIB!! LOL)

Latest posts

Back