The Curse

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Anybody ever hear of the Bananna Curse? No, I'm not talkin about Teri.....There is supposed to be bad luck associated with having a bananna on your boat. Gotta admit I'm chuckling, but I really did hear this. Who can back me up? Are you superstitous? What do you do?

TOXIC

Ok Tox, you think of some weird stuff, but anyway, I have not heard of that and am decidedly not superstitous. Too much time doing off the wall stuff to be superstitous. I believe more in "mindset" and ability.

Carlos

CIII, if ya would have thrown some salt over your shoulder and shook a chickenfoot, you wouldn't have gotten dumped on today!! You dried out yet? How'd ya do?

TOXIC

HAHA Well, the good thing is I am dry. But the bad thing is, I fell asleep on the couch after David went to school and slept in too long to go out. Then, had to run into work in the afternoon as I forgot that I am going TAD tomorrow. Plus, throw in the thunder and it turned into a no go......

AArrgghhh.. another fishing day lost......

Now here is luck for ya...I found an old bag of fireworks while cleaning out the garage and in the bottom of the sack was a mint Abu Garcia Amb. 521 plus. I have no idea who's it is (well, now I do ...it's mine) but it is on one of my rods with new line now!!

TOXIC

Sounds like you had a productive day too!!!!!!! At times, I really do think that we make our own luck. I found a Abu Garcia that was dads in a tool box a while back, it is a great combo on a rod that JR sent to me!!!! Already caught some fish too!!!

Carlos

A short story by Patrick McManus features the banana curse. The title escapes me but it is something like "The curse of the snagglepuss".

boilermaker

It is a well documented fact in my BASS club... In fact, we all are positive that each and every one of us has a banana hidden in the boat somewhere...

No wonder I don't catch any freakin' fish. If it's bad to have a banana in your boat, how bad is it to name your boat The Banana??? Things that make you go hmmm......

See CIII, I wasn't makin it up!! Now who's superstitious and what do you do? I carry a "lucky rock" that my daughter painted to look like a ladybug (it is small and fits in my pocket). I've got about 50 of them LOL!! Who needs one?

TOXIC

OK, Now Tox, I never said you were making it up!!!! Just that you thnk of some weird stuff......hahahahah

Maybe that is what my problem is!!!!!! I need a lucky something.....huumm will have to search!!

Carlos

Mini swears by it,...but then he swears all the time anyway..but he has a rule,.."No banana's on his boat!!" LOL

I've had them on my boat and not caught fish,...but I sure don't blame that on the fruit!! ahahha...

It's only bad luck to carry a banana on board, if you leave it in you storage box for a few weeks. The fruit flys invade the Mojo on your boat. the banana starts to stink up the thing. Then you have a mess! Just my take on the thing! KB

It's only bad luck if you accidentally spray the banana with Bang garlic and then take a big bite out of it. Not that I know....I've heard!

It's not bad luck to have bananna's on your BOAT....It's bad luck to use bananna's as BAIT.

Toxic just has his superstitions mixed up...LOL

The best way I know of to catch fish is to set your pole down to take a bite of a peanut butter sammich...

Fish like to steal poles when you cant talk!

I've heard that for years and don't allow them on my boat. I've heard about the Patrick McManus column and I also heard Barry Stokes talking about it on the Outdoor Trails fishing show.

Latest posts

Back