The Classic - Who Won? Who Cares - I met MAC!!!

• Thread starter Michael Trepper [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~libra
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Hey Gang - Just got back from a our family's trip to the BASSMasters Classic! First off Mac is a great guy and has the patience of a Saint! Eli and I headed in to see Mac while Noah and Beka headed to the Kids play area. I found Mac's table set up but no MAC! Eli and I sat down to wait and Mac turned around and said "Hey Trep, I'd recognize you anywhere!!" It turned out that was the only break Mac got the 3 hours we were there. He at one time there were folks 6 groups deep waiting to have their new rods customized by the Big Dog!! It is pure wonder to watch him work his pens and craft up fish, lures and more on those very small working surfaces of the rod handle! Oh, and YES I got me a Bionic Blade with a special Worm design and the all important "TREPMAN" insignia from Mac!

Just after we showed up so did William (AKA Skeeter!, hey shouldn't your nick-name be Nitro??) and we talked about his trip to the Braves and BPS on Friday. Wouldn't you know it Woo Daves was standing right next to Mac and signed Noah's Classic book and let us take a picture with him. Oh, and like all the pro's he DOES realy know Mac!!

Eli got a personal demo and signed BPS catalog by Shoestring Debous!!! We had a great time and definetely worth the 6 hour round trip drive. By 3 hours into the show, the boys were wearing our nerves thin and we headed home. OH, I forgot they had Mac's first T-shirts on sale, his new MR. Crappie shirts which of course I bought one, and almost left without getting Mac to sign it (Thanks Beka for remembering and taking it back to him). Mac told her to get Wally Marshall (a.k.a. Mr. Crappie) to sign it too. I had to tell her, was embarrased to say this infront of Mac, that i'm not realy into Pro's signatures from any sport - but that drive was just to meet my friend and idol MAC!!

Mac - Sorry we couldn't stay to chat more during your break, but the boys were about to tear that place apart! If you get back this way to the BPS in Atlanta let me take you fishing and have you over for dinner and some home-made beer!

Oh, the only real downside, NO Tracker/Nitro stuff! My wagon is loaded with Skeeter stuff (hat's, beach balls, shirts for the kids), Yamaha balsa planes and the like! Hey, I wonder if I can make any $$ of eBAY on this stuff! 'Cause no one in my house is going out in public with a Skeeter hat/shirt on!!

Hey Mac - Can I wash that Crappie shirt (your handi work is what i'm afraid of ruining), or should I get it framed now! It is the GREATEST!!!

Here is a picture of Mac doing his handy work on a rod...
Mac%20working.JPG

Oh and one of the first things Mac asked me was "did Beka like the hat?" and I said "ask her yourself she'll be here in a few wearing it!!"

Here is a picture of our crew! That's Mac on the left holding Noah, then Beka in back, Eli in front of me (I know I look like Wilson from ToolTime!) and our new friend William on the right!

I know Mac is at the weigh in right now enjoying himself and has an 8am flight back home on Sunday. But I wanted him to know that as we left Noah asked "can we go fishing tomorrow morning dad? and you can take your new fishing rod too!!" You betch Noah, the boys will be heading out after breakfast for fishing and the beach, and you bet i'll have my new Custom Bionic Blade too!
Mac%20and%20family%20at%20Classic.JPG

Oh and MAN was the stuff at BPS CHEAP!! The $99 XPS rods were $49.99 and the $79 Bionic Blades were $39.99! I wish I had saved more for this trip could have blown my whole year's tackle budget but was a good boy and just got the Rod and T-Shirt!!

Hi All!! What a weekend,..I'll combine this reply with the other post "Classic Update",..and tell it all here!! Had a riot! Saw EVERYBODY and probably drew on close to 200 OR MORE rods over the 3 days!!....unbelievable!! My hand is actually kinda sore today!! Never had that happen before! Also drew on countless hats, tshirts, reel covers, kids reels, cardboard,...you name it,...people LOVE that!!ahah

Got a gazillion autographs on my banner I took as a backdrop and also received countless kudo's from people who are true "Scales and Tales" Fans and even several Pro's were really complimenting me on what I have done and what I do at these shows...with the rods and each month with "S&T"..that is the ultimate honor in my book..having their respect is awesome! One dude who I did a rod for, came back later that day and told me that Ray Scott saw the rod and said,.."Who did that??!!..Man that's cool!! Want to trade me that rod for one of my books?"...The kid said,.."No way, man!!,..Bill McElroy did this for me over at the Bass Pro booth and I'm not tradin' it for no BOOK!"...ahahahahaha....I cracked up...and the kid was serious too!!..He wasn't going to give that rod up for anything!! I told him.."Send Ray over here...he needs to sign my banner anyway!!"...ahaah...(He never did come over!!) Anyway,..it was one heckova busy weekend. Worked all day Thursday, Friday and Saturday.....Friday and Saturday were insane!! Birmingham puts on one helluva show! The support there is AWESOME,..billboards all over town,..banners hanging from buildings,..signage everywhere! Too cool!! Lot's of Pro's are remebering me from show to show now and they always compliment me on what I do and my past "S&T" panels...they are so cool!! Bernie Schultz (another B/T illustrator and Pro) and I talked for 15mins or so and he was fired up to see me...he signed my banner and drew on of his fish on there too...my banner is the ultimate keepsake for me...it's loaded with autographs!! The pro's are geeked to sign it,...they say "Man I LOVE your stuff,..I'd be honored to sign it...this is too cool!!" ahahaha...it just kills me!! Had a chance to talk with Denny Brauer for a few minutes..Zell, (as always,,,he and I have MANY laughs together), Shaw Grigsby, Woo, too many to name them all, but they all signed it and really saud some nice things to me...I was on cloud 9!! AGAIN!! The President of BPS was there,..as were several top Mgr's and they all saw the demand for my services all weekend,...the line for rod work was never ending friday and saturday and they'd walk by and just smile and shake their heads....it was unreal,,..I have a GREAT thing going here!! Regardless,...I worked my tail off for 3 days and my hands are actually a little sore today!! I know they got their $$'s worth!! It was GREAT to finally meet Trep and his family,..William from this site, and countless other folks who read B/T and see my work everywhere. The MotorGuide shirts were a HUGE hit and I saw people wearing them all over. We sold almost 60 Mr.Crappie shirts (that's good considering it's a BASS crowd!!) and BPS mgt. wants me to get busy on doing some "Scales and Tales" proposal tshirts for them to see and possibly sell.....so it never ends. I'm home now,..back to the grind monday and back on the drwg board monday night!..ahahah..I gave out all of my remaining business cards and hopefully it'll lead to more jobs!! Jeff Cook (guitarist for ALABAMA) wanted my card and he signed my banner..he wants me to do some caricature work for his next "Skeeter Charity Tournament"...that'll be cool if he calls me!! Ran into Ron Franklin (ESPN announcer) at the hotel and he signed it too.....Rick Clunn, Stacey, Woo, Denny Brauer, Shaw Grigsby, and a ton of people all stopped by to sign it and say HI....they're ALL "Scales and Tales" fans and they really admire the rod work....it's such a rush to have THEM compliment me, when I'm such a fan of theirs!! It's way too cool!!..ahahahaha...who know

Trep and Mac,

Sounds like you guys a great weekend. I watched the weigh-ins on TV, but it's not like being there!!! I am always amazed how down to earth the bass pros are in person, especially with the kids.

Bob G.

Forgot to mention one of my BIGGEST Hilites!! FINALLY got to meet Greg "Fish Gutz" Gutierrez and his family! Gregory finished 3rd in the 11-14 age group in the Casting Kids competition and we are all extremely proud of his accomplishment!! Greg's wife Bobbi is a real peach and we all had a couple of brewski's together friday night up in their room on the balcony overlooking the atrium. Had a GREAT time exchangine stories and just getting to know each other....after talking several times over the weekend I felt like I knew him for years!! What a great guy and a real feather in Nitro's hat,......I'm very proud to know him and I can call him a buddy for life now!! thanks a million Greg, for stopping by my table and introducing yourself...it was a real pleasure to meet you, Bobbi and Gregory,...you're all the BEST!! Take care,...tight lines,..and we'll see you all again soon!! Holler anytime I can help!

Mac

WOW!!! Are you two guys pumped up or what!!! Having met both of you, I can understand!

Those of you who haven't met TrepMan or Mac..... You are missing two of the world's Best People!

me!

Thought you might appreciate this photo or Eli and his Bass.

Bigger than anything i've caught all summer!!!
Eli%20and%20bass.jpg

Latest posts

Back