The Big Girls are moving up on 'da hill!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan J.

Reaction score
Just got back from checking out some new water around the N FL home of a buddy and found some big gals on the move. The full moon coming should have a wicked spawn! Sunday's best and biggest gal of the trip at 11-2 on a custom painted square bill:

IMGP2033.jpg

Monday's best on a Ito 110 jerkbait at 10-3:

IMGP2040.JPG

These fish are staging in the bedding areas and are eating machines. If you have the chance in the southeast, go fishing now and fish shallow. (6-7' or LESS) They will be on the bed later this month. Right now is a crankbait and jerkbait dream! :wub:

Nice fish Dan!! Wishing I was in Florida...going to be below 0*F tonight in VT.

DAAAYUM,..that's just sick!!! One can only dream, when we're still in the depths of winter!!:eek::huh:

What kind of water temps do you have? We are still in the lower to mid 50's on the maim lakes and high 50 in deep coves and creeks.

I'm dreamin' of warmer days ahead.....after floog season.

Great fish Dan, Florida Bass fishing is heating up right now and through May will be on fire, Orange and Lochloosa is predicted to be two of the best this year and of course Rodman...Wahoooo:):)

All right...that'll be enough of doin' the "nanna nanna boo boo" dance while we are still freezin' our tushes off!:lol:

Nice Toad! I'm jealous:cool:

Great, I missed out again:angry:. I assume it was because I was in DC.....Fantastic fish. I am trailering to a private lake in the panhandle this month with high hopes.

TOXIC

Jimmy - We started with low 60's (60-62 a.m. temps) that reached the mid to high 60's (65-67 p.m. temps) by the end of the days. Here on Lanier we are just cracking the 50's, but from the emails I'm getting caught up on the largemouth are moving up and staging for a bed on the full moon. From March 16th through the 27th in our latitude I guarantee you will have heads on the bed. They need about mid 50's to keep the eggs fertile and enhance their desire to mate and it's right on schedule. Generally the biggest and baddest of the bunch are the early risers. The next two to three weeks should be some of our best fishing until Fall! :D

Mike - The Oklawaha is where I've been wanting to take Tox, but our schedules have been diametrically opposed this winter. He will be in HEAVEN there!! :wub:

Tox - The first thing I did when I got the family back from WDW was login to check on Rob and saw you post to Carlos (I think?) that you were heading to DC last week for the Classic when my window (kitchen pass) opened up. :( My first thought was to hook up with you in JAX, but again we criss-crossed routes. I'm on a mission now to somehow make it happen! :D Good luck in the panhandle!! :D

I'm going to edit the first pic with another my buddy sent last night that shows the fish better.

Latest posts

Back