That There 'Eye Fishin's Easy - Uh Huh!

• Thread starter Greg Meyer [URL]http://walleye.outdoorsfirst.com/l
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
Take a look at these weigh-in stats... Four days at Bull Shoals... 105 of the top Walleye Pros and the daily "take" was over 80 boats skunked every day for the first three days... The final cut for day four was the top ten and nine of them were skunked on day four!!! Only 48 boats out of 105 ever weighed any fish...

Some guys pre-fished the prior week and three days of the tournament and never caught a legal weighin fish...

Here are the stats from Walleye First... Thanks Steve for the great coverage
http://walleye.outdoorsfirst.com/leaderboard/llb.asp?t=402

Hey Tox...

It shames me but here's the quote; "He played bass buster this week to hook his six Bull Shoals bruisers.

"I used a bass lure and a bass fishing approach to catch the fish," he said. "I was fishing a stretch during pre-fish and wasn't catching fish. A bass guy caught a walleye behind me using a jerkbait.

"So I decided to try it out," he said. "I fished with a Lucky Craft Pointer 78 deep diver. I used a rainbow trout color. I used this lure to catch all of my fish."

He used a classic bass jerkbait retrieve to entice his 6 keepers and made some very effective short runs.

"I beat up a 150 yard stretch the entire tournament," he said. "I had about a 10-second run to my spot. It was right across the bay from the launch site."

Nick Johnson won the RCL Championship last fall on the Mississippi River for $300,000 and took home $80,000 for this, his second RCL/FLW win in back to back tournaments.

Tough down here all right, in the middle of pre-spawn, spawn and post-spawn. We had a local walleye tourney on Bull Shoals 4 days prior to the start of the FLW...one fish took all the money. I should have taken the bass boat!

Over 800 fish caught for over 3400 pounds....if you want to catch a big walleye now is the time in the river.

Mini

Night time over flats early I always throw Rapalas...

Not yet....I will be in the next few days.

They jig for them here in the current. Jighead, twister tail and for some, a minnow.

Mini

Latest posts

Back