Thanksgiving Dinner

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue DeLelys

Reaction score
What's on the menu at your house?

We're having turkey and stuffing cooked on the grill, mashed potatos and gravy, baked squash, creamed onions, apple and cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie and apple crisp.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving all!

Baked Ham, Turkey, GreenBeans, Corn, Rolls, Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing, Apple Pie, Pecan Pie, Pumpkin Pie.

Turkey, Honey Baked Ham, stuffing, corn, home made biscuits and a new greeen bean caserole thing that looks pretty good

2 22 pound turkeys, potatoes, gravy, dressing, various salad types ( lettuce, pea, etc) various types of fruit and whipped cream salads, home made bread, home made dinner rolls, 8 different kind of pies and ice cream. Probably going to be a home made gooseberry pie in there also.

We started having thanksgiving for my wife's side at our house a long time ago. At first it annoyed me as it interferred with football. Now I look forward to having 40 people in the house. Food, Football, Food, Football and then we play games and other stuff. As most everyone lives inside of 8 blocks away most stay until midnight or later. I really enjoy it now. The homebread is my responsibility and it is fun.

Hope you all have a fun and safe holiday.

Turkey and dressin, mashed taters and gravy, green beans, corn, pecan pie, sweet tater pie and lord knows what else. :lol::p:D

Turkey, potato casserole, green bean casserole, yams (w/mandarin oranges & walnuts added), stuffing, mashed potatoes w/gravy, fruit salad, rolls, and pie for dessert. Oh, and a couple of Jim Beam and Cokes afterwards. ;)

Steak on the grill, baked potatoe, corn, salad, garlic toast and PUMPKIN Pie mmmmmmmmmmm. Oh and fresh tuna for the cats.

BF

Hey Sue,

Would care to share the recipe for the ceamed onions, it sounds good?

JDJ

Swanson Turkey TV Dinners for everybody!! :D

Naww, just kidding. We're having the usual; turkey, cornbread dressing, mashed potatos, sweet potatos, cranberry sauce, punkin pie & pecan pie....all that traditional stuff. I usually smoke the turkey but I'm doing it in the oven this year for a change.

Harpo

JDJ,

Not sure how it will be, but here'e the recipe I am using-

1 1/2 lbs small onions, cooked

2 Tbl butter

2 Tbl flour

1/2 tea salt

1/8 tea pepper

1 1/2 cup light cream

Melt butter in pan, add flour and seasonings. Cook over low heat, stirring until mixture is smooth abd bubbly.

Remove from heat, stir in cream. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly, boil 1 minute. Pour sauce over hot onions and serve.

Sue

Eating at the in-laws, but I have a brined turkey breast in the oven now for leftovers tomorrow!;)

Arizona Turkey, taters and giblet gravy, Mac &cheese burnt rolls (won

Ate at my sister-in-laws house (2nd wife to my brother-in-law). Insisted she do it all herself, first time at their house.

Turkey (cooked WAAAAYYYY too long in a counter top broiler/baker (12 hours!).

Sausage stuffing (baked in oven not in bird).

Some type of gravy.

Squash cassarole.

Brocolli/pea/cauliflower salad.

Mashed potatoes.

Cranberry (jelly only) and pickle/olive assorment.

Pumpkin pie and an apple/blackberry pie.

Made us wait till 5:15PM to eat (was supposed to be ready at 4) and her 'snacks' for us to munch on while waiting was one bowl of chips with a '3 layer nacho dip'.

All in all a forgetable experience. Food was okay, just took way too long and pretty much cold by the time it was served.

This was probably the first Thanksgiving in 40 years that I haven't had some type of role/duty in preparing the Thanksgiving meal. For the past 25+ years, my mother-in-law had always had me do the Turkey and stuffing - even at her house.

Wife and I returned home (10 days away) on Saturday. Yesterday found a 'fresh turkey' and cooked it up with stuffing and sweet potatoes. More to our liking.

Tex

Latest posts

Back