Thanks for all the imput on the reels

• Thread starter Brian Bell2 [URL]http://www.basspro-shops.com/serv
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Bell2

Reaction score
Thank you for all the imput on the Quantum and Daiwa reel questions I had. I decided to stick with Daiwa so I just ordered a new Team Daiwa
http://www.basspro-shops.com/servle...arClassCode=1&hvarSubCode=1&hvarTarget=browse
77646.jpg

Well, I will be looking forward to hearing about your evaluation on this reel. It sure is purty (and they get a good price for it also).

Tex

I still laugh at what Denny Brauer said at the Bassmaster University, "The folks at Dawia showed me this reel (TD-S) and said it would sell for 150 bucks. And I said I don't know that's a lot of money for a reel. But they made it anyway and they sold so many that they couldn't make 'em fast enough. Then they showed me another reel (TD-X) and said it would sell for 200 bucks and I said I just don't think people will spend that much for a fishing reel. But they made it anyway and they sold so many that they couldn't make 'em fast enough. Then they showed me an even better reel (TD-Z) and said it would sell for 350 bucks and I said well the other reels are selling good this one ought to too. So they started making it and they found out that they COULD make them fast enough".

Harpo

I heard that same story from Denny at 2 years ago at the Bassmaster University in Mass. I laughed at that one too!!

Bob G.

I have a dawia TD-X it was great for the first couple weeks and then the reel started self destructing, it literally fell apart in my hands during a tournament, I still like dawia products however I think the shimano curado is the best bang for the buck , I have 5 of them and they have all been pretty bullet proof, I fish them hard in heavy cover down here in Florida. they may not be as pretty as the TD-X but they are definatley more reliable. plus a curado cost $114 as opposed to the $220 I paid a few years back for the TD-X

Synergy, Thats realy odd, I have been fishing with TDX reels since ( I think 1997 ) and never had a problem with any of them. The only complaint I have had is every once in a while you have to oil them up or they start sounding like a coffe grinder.

Maybe I just had a bad one, I have several "S" reels that havent caused me any problems but that X just basically fell apart.

Latest posts

Back