Terminator Snap Back Plastics

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerald Goff

Reaction score
Has anyone tried those new Terminator Snap-Back soft plastics? I tried them today and missed a couple of fish C-rigging when the hook failed to push through on the hook set. The seem to stick to themselves but they might separate back apart in the water. I do like the way the float & the rattle pocket, but I don't know. I switch back to Baby Brush Hogs pretty quick when my partner started catching fish. I will give them another try.

Sounds to me like the usual trade off. Tough plastics= harder hooksets, heavy salt (weaker plastic) more bites, less life, more expensive. That's my bait!!

TOXIC

I have never missed a known strike with my 3x's, and they are really soft, maybe why they are harder to set hook with.

I use Owner hooks with the cutting points, most of the people I have talked and read that liked the cybexx use them. But I dont C-rig much I texas rig with a pegged sinker, I naturally miss fish on a C-rig thats why I dont fish it much.

I have had problems with them sticking out of water but they seem to seperate once in the water. DONT use attractant with them it makes it worse and I have found they get really and I mean really sticky. I think it attacks the cybexx.

All in all I like them and use them in my club tourneys just wish they had a bit wider selection of colors, thats why I hold on to my zooms just thought I would add my two cents

They're NOT tougher Tox. Go check them out, they are like silly puddy. They are WAY too soft IMHO. They last longer because they are so stretchy. I like to have a little more "beef" to my plastics. I was wondering how people would receive them once in use.

I received a sample kit of Cyberflexx last May and thought everything included with the advertising literature was true, until I fished the first brush pile. They are extremely hard to punch a hook through while setting it on a fish. (Emphasis on EXTREMELY!) Tex-posed did much better, yet hung up on debris more often. Using the baits with the hook exposed has great advantages with durability and life-like feel. (Spbt. trailers, open water fluking, etc.) I believe they are beneficial for certain applications, yet old-fashioned soft plastic still covers more bases. IMHO

Latest posts

Back