tearing decals

• Thread starter danny (wanafish) Kimbro
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 1998 Tracker Proteam 185 anniversity edition that the Tracker decal is tearing off at the back left side . I purchased the boat in June of this year from a local dealer. I saw the blimish( air bubble under decal) in the decal when I bought it. The dealer was suppose to repair it and it looked like they had put some type of hard finish over it. Anyway it didn't hold because when we came of the river this week end it had torn a section of about 8" off. I called them and they told me a set of decals would cost me around $600.00 and another $100 to $200 for them to put them on. Since I bought the boat used I guess I don't have a leg to stand on with any type of warranity but can someone tell me of a cheaper fix or someone else I can contact about the price of decals for this boat. Thanks for your replys

Wana, I would think that a dealer would provide decals at a very low price considering it is a great source of advertising. If I find that the decals for mine are very expensive (when that time comes), I will not replace the damaged decals and will instead remove every trace of every decal on the boat. Just my 2 cents.......

I've got a couple of boo boos in my lx700 glass boat in the decals. If the decals cost that much its time for maaco. I bet you could get a really nice paint job for that kind of money. You'd think a hundred bucks a side would be plenty. If you fish a lot in the stickups, I'd probably just remove them as they tear off. I'd check around with some other dealers also. Good Luck.

james d.

I think the decals come in two peices front and back.Maybe u can just buy the back one.

Latest posts

Back