teach me about chargers

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T AMBURGEY

Reaction score
I need 2 chargers want something dependable and safe, one I will need a three bank the other will need a 2 bank. I fish three days a week need something I can leave plugged in if possible

I bought the min kota no complaints leave it on all the time.

Ive actually been looking at some guest chargers. Im a little nervous about leaving them plugged in all the time. What are the advantages to guest

Todd,

Guest is the only charger I have ever used that I have not had to worry about how long I leave it plugged in. I've used some really good ones in the past, but until I tried Guest, I really wasn't completely satisfied. I just replaced one after several years of faithful service, and the only real complaint I had is that nobody had it locally - I had to order it. I'd recommend a 2631A for your 3 bank (10 amps per bank), and a 2620A for your 2 bank (also 10 amps per bank).

Advantages to Guest that I have personally witnessed:

1) Faster charging times than any of my previous brands.

2) Fully waterproof.

3) I've NEVER overcharged a battery with a Guest. Never had a case swell, battery heat, etc...

4) Longevity - The one that just went out on me lasted longer than any other I've owned.

All the best,

Glenn

I'm with Glenn. All the chargers are suppose to charge the batteries to top off and then maintain them after that. The Guest I have had for years does that for my AGM Odyssey batteries now as it did for the flooded cell ones I had previously. It stays plugged up 24/7 and all 3 batteries are ready to roll. Get a good set of batteries and the whole process is much less painfull. Wallet shock for three for me was $750.00, but I never have to dig around in there to service them and have never run them down even in the Potomac with the tidal flow.
http://www.odysseybatteries.com/

I have had two Guest chargers to fail in the last nine years. Replaced both with a M/K and no more failures. Both chargers are on 24-7.

I am in total agreement with Toxic and Glenn, Guest is the way to go, I keep one on my motor cycle 24/7 use to have to replace battery every year until I hooked up the Guest, and yes on my boat too, always ready and topped out, hook up and forget about battery woes...

Ill put in another vote for Guest. I have owned 3, A 2613a that i ran for 5 years and it worked perfect. Tat charger went to a friend who still uses it today. Its almost 15 years old now. I also had a 2631 that was in two boats over about 10 years, i left that in my 882 when i got rid of it. I can only assume it still works. When i got my Z7 i had another 2631 factory installed, The boat will be 3 in april and like the others it works perfectly.

Todd look up Marinco.com they are the Mfg and you will be able to see all that they have then search on that site for dealer close to you....but also you can google Guest chargers and find all kinds of places to buy on line....good luck

Todd,

I couldn't find them locally when I was looking for my replacement, but I got a heck of a deal going through a place called iMarine online. www.iMarineUSA.com or call 888-255-2628. With shipping, a Guest 2631A cost me $281.41. Shipping was extremely quick too.

Cabelas had the 2631A for $414.99, and that is about what I was seeing them go for in other places.

All the best,

Glenn

Thanks for the answers guys, Glenn Im ordering them both next week I thank you for all your help and taking time to answer

Latest posts

Back