TBF OR BASS FEDERATION .What states went which way ?

• Thread starter Mark Gross [URL]http://www.bassfederation.com[/URL
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Gross

Reaction score
O K I decided that I needed to at least try to get back into the game. Since my Boat tradgety

1 1/2 yrs ago I haven't been able to do to much of anything ,let alone fish. My boat remains in the driveway where it was parked then and has not been moved since.

So I see where the TBF is in the procsess of starting a MN. chapter . They seem to be well organized and are planning a variety of activities for the youth conservation etc.

The MN. BASS FEDERATION went with ESPN.

I'm thinking a fresh start . What are the members here thoughts on it ?

Mark

http://www.bassfederation.com

Mark, we, (Indiana) went with the TBF/FLW. My club went with both (TBF and BASS), at least for this year, to see how things shake out. I understand that a lot of clubs are doing that and that each side my claim victory with each keeping the majority of the federation members. Next year will be a better barometer when everyone see what is actually happening and goes with only the TBF or BASS. Gald to hear your back in the game.

Get that boat out and enjoy no matter what you decide!;)

Randy!

In California we went with TBF/FLW as BASS did not have any plans to hold opens or tour events here among other things.

I think that to switch to the FLW, it is a minimum 5 year obligation ?

RoyC

Mass with with the FLW. There is a BASS chapter starting up in our state but very few people and only one club that has left the Mass federation.

Randy i dont know if you know this or not but i heard there were some rules in place from BASS that could be a problem for your club being in both.

I wss told that any officer in a TBF based club cannot be in a BASS club

Also any BASS club that decided to leave BASS forefits thier clubs name wen they leave, its property of BASS per the contract they will make every club sign.

JimB,

I heard the opposite, I heard BASS does not own the name or the Name Bassmaster, somebody else actually has the rights to that name. In any event if Bass does own it, I would like to see them try and enforce it.

We (SC) are still with BASS. Next year, not sure of.

We actually read our by-laws and obeyed the rules. Our rules state that we must affiliate with BASS, and we can't change our rules till later this year.

Not sure how the SC Federation will vote, but our club will likely stay with BASS. The SC Federation has done little to nothing for us our or club. Our club is one of the oldest in SC, and has been with BASS for almost the entire ride.

In short, we don't have much use for our state officers, or for that matter the National TBF officers. And we don't have a beef with BASS.

Most of our folks figured out a long time ago, that they were free to join FLW Outdoors and fish BFL, Everstarts, etc. - at any time.

Tex

We stayed with ESPN in TX.

We didn't have much of a choice this year but next year is a different story.

I'm sure some clubs will go FLW if FLW has enough strength to make it happen here now.

It is rumoreed that BASS will not allow Dual affiliation so if they take that choice away-more people will likely be in favor of FLW.

Kinda strange how ESPN/BASS forced the issue and lost. It seems they are doing more harm than good with the rule changes...