Staci's (Me's) Memorial Service

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
Staci's family had a "pubic" memorial service for her last Friday in St. Louis, her hometown. Friends gathered and shared a few stories and remembrances. I passed along a number of e-mails from her friends here and at another varmint hunting website that had been sent to me. Afterwards, her close friend and Executor, Laurie, and her mother surprised me with a gift of one of the two purple squeaky toys and a couple of other momentos. Staci and I had been friends for quite some time... hunting and fishing together when we could.

From an e-mail from Staci's mother, forwarded to me by her friend Lauirie, I got this report about the next day;

"On Saturday, Laurie Kilfoy, Staci's father, and I scattered her ashes in a small lake, and along some roads, at Busch Wildlife Center ... one of her favorite places to hunt, fish, and just hang out.

All was quiet and serene until the last handful of ashes was tossed ... and as they floated to the water, a large bass jumped up to catch them.

Do you think that was a sign?"

Sign, oh, I think so.... Although a "big" bass was never Staci's signature performanc... :rolleyes:

I thought I would share with her friends and acquaintances here one of the momentos. Staci had some "business cards" made up for use in looking for places to hunt...

Those cards read, as follows:

Staci Mathies

Soybean Protection

Groundhog Eradication

Varmint Elimination

The Purple Sqeaky Toy, Me's Avatar, sits by my main computer now... nice reminder of past days hunting and fishing with my friend...

I regret her passing but was also lucky to have enjoyed some of her time in passing through this life. I owe that to this website.:D

Wow....gave me goosebumps.

I knew him in life, I knew her in life, and to think of ashes now....scattered about...:(

Gave me more than goosebumps. I never met her in person and I will always regret that.

We did talk quite often, and exchanged small gifts, and I felt close to her and like I did know her personally. I wish I could have been there with you Greg..

Uncle Billy

Latest posts

Back