Speaking of any bass boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
I got to drive Rob Pearson's 7UP boat yesterday. It's a 520 DVX with a 225 HO on the back and a hydraulic jack plate. Took me a bit to remember that his trim is on the opposite side of the wheel from mine. I kept raising the JP! LOL

Got it up to 70 MPH on the GPS with both of us, and Rob is a tad bigger than me, and full gas tanks. Ya know, I wasn't happy with 'Rudes, but the new HO's can MOOOOOVE jack! And they're very quiet compared to my EFI. I still love my black motors, but if 'Rude ever made me a sweeter deal, I'd have to consider it.

But that 520, MAN, it's the 3rd I've run and the little seemingly minor tweaks that Ranger keeps making to the hulls is VERY noticable on the water. That bad boy rides like a Cadillac.

Oh, and we slayed the smallies by the way. Like there was ever any question! LOL Each of us got over 18 lbs with our top 5 fish. Next week will be a major slugfest/dog fight for big weight in the FLW. Can't wait to see what it takes to win it. And all the fish we caught were 3-4 lb BUCKS. The big mamas are still out deep. If they tie into those......expect to hear how much St Clair SUCKS! LOL

Oh and let me tell ya, that Lowrance X-18 ROCKS!!! You can get dead on accuracy, I mean like within 2 feet of the waypoint or better. And the programmed map in it is SUPER detailed. I may be getting one at the end of next week, I can't WAIT!!!

It will replace my hand held GPS and X-28. I will be selling the X-28, (great for smaller or slower boats) for anyone interested. Works great, just can't keep up with a 70 mph boat, through the hull.

"but if 'Rude ever made me a sweeter deal"

You've picked up sponsorship from Mercury?

Was over to Dean's the other day. Got a chance to look at his 520. He's got a 225 HPDI on it. Said he burned only a quarter of the gas he normally does at the BFL on Potomac.

Sweet looking ride.

Jim,

I will be taking you up on that room and help on the St Lawrence for the BFL. I doubt very highly I can beat Dean on that water, I just want a top 5 or 10 finish. I will call you some time to set up a weekend. I can tow out if you want, or we can run your boat. Let me know what weekends you don't have tourneys OK. I've only ever fished there maybe 2-3 times. I want to focus on Ontario and it's deep smallies.

Hey Rob,

Congrats on the sponser with Merc!

Rich D

You may not want to take a suggestion from me..... But.....

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Don't go talking "Rude" in public if Mercury is making you an offer.

Also, if you haven't signed on the dotted line yet, you shouldn't be listing them as one of your sponsors. Large corporations have funny ways of looking at such things.....

(Have you seen the new Wendy's commercials? LOL!!)

Hey Rob,....a 3-4lb avg won't even get you a check here!!!

Champlain SUCKS!!!...LMAO!!!!!!

I'm on vacation the 2 August thru 6 Aug. That would be a great time if you can get up this way. We'll split and I'll show you two areas. Lake Ontario and one in the River .

Daiwa and Lowrance sponsorships..

Lowrance sounds like a really good one to have, but not easy to get (at least not in Dallas). They want techies that can cover their full line of products and why it's better than the competition.

Daiwa is one I'm not sure about... I talked to the Shimano rep (who was losing the Shimano contract) and he told me that they offered about a 30% discount on the reels and expected you to use their rods. Sorry, but 30% wasn't worth it (when the BPS here offers a 20% discount on any one item per visit).

For what it's worth, I strongly suggest speaking directly with whatever company's Pro Staff director (or whatever title they are using) when contemplating a sponsorship agreement. A rep. may refer you, but will have little authority to endorse a company contract. If they have their own in-house Pro Staff, make sure they are specific. I've seen too many nice people find out the hard way (in public) that what they thought they had in the way of an endorsement was actually just a rep.'s promise gone awry.

Currently, Shimano offers an entry level sponsorship to select individuals at (approx.) 40% off list, ordered directly from the Irvine, CA office on their proprietary VIP form. Their Pro Staff director is a wonderful young lady that has been a dear friend of mine for almost 10yrs.

I have never heard of the aforementioned "20% discount on any one item per visit" at any BPS location. There is a vendor discount program and an associate discount program, however with a different discount than previously noted. Unfortunately, that discount does not apply to reels other than our BPS brands.

Latest posts

Back