Snow, Snow, Snow - When will it sop?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Kayaker

Reaction score
Another 8 inches and still snowing here on the northshore (north of Boston). I had to spend an hour just shoveling the mountain of snow on the side of my driveway (not the driveway itself) because the snow blower could no longer throw snow over the top ;)

I know all of you guys down south and in warmer climates are probably laughing but I had to rant after being outside since 4am this morning. I think I just heard on the local news that we have had almost 5' of snow just in the past 30 days alone!

Well, I'm looking forward to the spring spawn and for now will have to be content watching all of the new fishing shows on versus.

End of rant ... Bill, the MadKayaker

Bill,

I'm with you.....24+ inches 2 weeks ago, 2 storms @ 6 each in the last 2 weeks and another 15 inches last night.

Spring can't come soon enough for me!

Sue

We missed that storm in northen VT. We have had our share of snow and cold this winter, but a lot of storms went south of us and put the smackdown on youse guys, Philly and NYC.

Stay warm!

I feel your pain Bill. We got about a foot down here out of this last storm. Thankfully my snowblower has a lot of power and can still get it up over the snowbanks. I have quite the pile in my front yard right now, its at least 7' high from all the snow i have thrown over there. This season has been crazy for sure, im running out of space to put the snow off my porch and by the walkway next to my neighbor's fence. It's drifted halfway up the windows on the front of the house too and there it nothing i can really do about it. My boat is pretty much buried in snow again. I spent some time digging it out after the last big one and now i need to do it again or else it wont move until May.

just another day been snowing since first of dec not lots just 1 to 6 inches constantly..but the cold is what is killing me can't get warm at all......

We only got 3-4" last night which gives a total of about 24".

The odd part of this winter........the ski lodges in Northern Maine are crying due to the lack of snow. I talked to an amateur radio operator up there last night and he said you can see rocks and stumps on the slopes!

This crazy winter has messed with the economy in lots of different ways.

holy cow JR do live in a freezer? light a fire or somthing buddy

i know it dosen't feel like it but the days are getting longer.

Thye are talking about Saturday getting up to 65*. I won't know what to do. Maybe cut some grass???:D:D:D

Barry from Louisiana

Bill, Jim.

You guys need a winter hobby. Join me for a day of Snowmobiling and youll start to embrace winter!

I love the snow and the cold weather. got another 10" last night and plan to ride from Fri night till Sunday. it sure helps from that hole cabin fever that runs rampid on this site.

GregD

Whats Grass you mean a fatty..HA HA might need somthing going snow blind and already froze got furnace on a sweatshert and a thermal shirt......I hate winter If only I was 10 again I could handle It Maybe??:)

Hey Greg - sounds like you are having fun. Do you take the snowmobile out on Bow? Don't get me wrong, I like winter but I don't like the shoveling aspect of it. I have OCD when it comes to shoveling and I like to get to blacktop when possible so it becomes a real chore. You are lucky, you have a captive labor force to shovel for you - I mean, you have some great kids to help pitch in ... :0

By the way, I am just about to order a fly rod specific to bass and am also going to try to enter a mako shark fly fishing tournament this year. I am really hooked on that now. We should try to hit Plum Island for stripers on the fly or with bait casters this summer in addition to the annual spawn!

Have fun snowmobiling! Bill, the MadKayaker

Bill,were actually going to Bear Brook State Prk saturday and going to snowmobile to Pawtukaway then over to Bow. Possible stay the night and then back to the truck Sunday.

This is the first real winter that the new house is open and heated. The in-laws live their full time now, so if i play my cards right. I'll even get a couple of warm meals thrown in.

Fly fishing sounds good to me, always wanted to land a striper on the fly. One of the many things i must do before i'm done here.

I've taken many smallies and even a large mouth or two over the past yrs. When the warm waters move back up to the Merrimac. we should give it a whirl.

GregD

I'm with Greg - take advantage of this white stuff!! I'll be skiing in Southern PA on Saturday. 8" in DC yesterday. I know, not much compared to NYC or Boston, but keep in mind we're not really equipped for this stuff (think hand shovels - no snow blowers!). Schools shut down tomorrow (again). Quite a change from where I grew up (Buffalo, NY)!

Stay safe, stay warm!

Greg, i do have a hobby for winter. its called snowblowing and shoveling...:lol:

I don't mind winter one bit actually, it let's me recharge my fishing batteries a lot and do other things like spend more time with the woman... .etc

This winter has just been brutal, im running out of places to put snow and because of my fathers situation i get to move snow x2 every storm and shovel out his 4 dog pens since he cant do it. I wish i had a snowplow on my truck this year for sure.

You all are getting pounded with the white BS we were hit with last year... We have had some, but NOTHING like the mess from last year. We have had the cold though.....Potomac is pretty much iced over......

Latest posts

Back