Snoe, winter,yek

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Lund

Reaction score
It's 18 degrees out side, all my lakes are frozen over.We have 22" of snow covering everything.

And my Beloved New England Patriots football team just lost to the New York Jets............

Can Life get any worse!!!!:(

:huh:Ron:huh:

I hear you Ron... I feel sick. From a fellow Mass guy I am very disappointed in the PATS!:(:angry: Ice out can't come soon enough. How do you like your 170DC? I had a 1993 with a 60 Merc.

My hat is off to you guys up north this time of year, I struggle making it thru winter in TN. I'd need some serious chemical help this time of year if I was living up there......

Man that sucked, of all teams to loose to it had to be the Jets....... The Pats really put up a stinker today.

Berry, i actually LIKE winter up here. For me if i could fish year round i think i would get bored with it. Winter lets me recharge my fishing batteries so to speak and also do things i don't have time to normally do in the summer.

-11*F here this morning. It's all good.....I didn't have to shovel snow today...yet!!!

I agree with Jim. I don't want to be able to fish everyday, I'd lose interest. Same with hunting. I get cranked up to hunt in the fall, but down't want to hunt year round.

I'm not a Pats fan, but am a Colts fan. So I didn't mind watching the Jets beat up on New England. Tom Brady and company should have beat up on the Jets all day, but the Jets were hungrier and came to play. They knocked off two teams on the road so far. Not likely that they will beat Pittsburg, but ya never know.

The fishing down here in Louisiana is year around. Now is the season for some red fish. I love to fish. Sometimes the cold weather keeps me indoors. I know it's not a cold as you northern guys, but it's still cold. I was stationed in North Dakota so I know what cold is. Sometimes it's better fishing in the winter than the hot, humid summers.

Barry from La.:)

Get bored with fishing?:rolleyes: You guys up in the frozen tundra keep telling yourself that!! Heck even in Virginia and thanks to Mr. Hamilton, we can fish year round. You havent experienced life until you have caught a 3 pounder on a buzzbait in a snowstorm. Here is a pic from a while back as I was getting ready to hook up the boat and head to the hotside....man I miss that!! Just a couple of precautions.....never take the drain plug out and let the boat thaw out in the water before you crank her over:lol:

076small.jpg

TOXIC

Water is just not supposed to be hard.....unless it is in a glass of rum and Coke.

Tox, i have fished in snowstorms and ice storms and my fav is dodging icebergs on Winni two days after "ice out".

I fished a tournament a few years back in a wicked snowstorm in May of all months. It snowed enough that i built a 4' snowman on my back deck and i had to use my golden rule to scrape the snow off my deck multiple times during the day so i didn't slip and fall. Good times....:wacko:

I do tend to get burned out from fishing by the time fall rolls in. When i was fishing a tournament or prefishing just about every weekend by the time october rolled in i was done and wanted to put he boat away. Now that i only fish a few club event a year and mainly just fun fish its not near as bad but i do still look forward to some time off.

Went to the game and good percentage of the fans in the parking lot were just drinking in their cars before entering the stadium. We grilled in the lot and tried to stay warm in front of a portable heater and were wondering what the heck 4 big guys were doing in the SUV next to us as their windows fogged up for about 2 1/2 hours.

As I left the game stunned, all I could think of was our annual Lake Winnisquam and Newfound Lake smallie run in the spring and maybe entering a saltwater fly fishing mako shark tourney in late summer / early fall.

I am hoping the Steelers hand it to the Jets! Jim B, GregD - see you in a few more months!!!

Bill, the MadKayaker

Toxic,

I'm surpised you would let your boat ice over like the picture. I keep mine covered and wake up at nite to knock the snow or ice off her (the boat)!

I feel for you guys living north of Atlanta. I cant for the life of me figure out why someone would choose to live up north unless it was a job concern.

been living down south all my life and fish year round.

brantley

Well, I was going fishing when a nasty little ice storm moved in. I was all packed up and ready to go. And I did!! Fished all day!! I will say my hands got a little chilly picking up these......:eek:

75small.jpg

:lol:

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back