Sharkhide Prep

• Thread starter Richard Ehlers (SevenPin)
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Ehlers (SevenPin)

Reaction score
TEE - How far did you go with the prep work before you applied the Sharkhide? I've got about a third of the boat "cleaned" and I am going to try to get the rest before the weekend. Did you clean the entire boat and apply Sharkhide all over (including the pad)? I think I can raise my boat to get at the part that rests on the bunks but do I have to? Just like to find out from the expert!

Thanks.

SevenPin

I polished the whole thing before application. I only applied it down the front to the bottom just to where you could not see it from a standing posistion. There's no need to do the bottom...I was also told from Sharkhide that they did not recommend doing the pad(kinda' like polishing the pad on a glass boat:( not good. To get to the sides at the back...I just removed the side bunks to get to it easier. I'd start with the transom until you get the hang of how "thin" this stuff is. It's almost like laquer thinner...very thin. Just don't load the foam roller a whole lot and you'll soon see what not to do. Like going back over it when it sets up...and it's sets up and gets tacky pretty quick. Application goes pretty quick once your goin':) Stay at least an 1/8" from your decals...it can dissolve them. I also did the top rail too but, really don't think it's really necessary due to scratches getting in and out. E-mail me if you need any more tips on application...You won't be sorry Rick!

BTW...Only one Kentucky about 15" Saturday mornin' at Caeser's:( I hit it pretty hard too for about 3 1/2 hours. Don't know if that front had em' jackedup:)

I see you talking about sharkhide all the time. I looked up their website, but did not see anywhere to buy the stuff. I live in Jacksonville, FL. Can anyone in FL. tell me where to get the stuff?

Back