Shark Hide

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geoff Makar

Reaction score
thanks for all of your input earlier. Tee mentioned I should use shark hide. What is this? Where can I get it? I appreciate all of your patience. Boater in training...

Go to Sharkhide.com..it'll give the details of the product. If you need info on application just e-mail me. Also check in my library for results.

TEE

It's "bartenders helper" for tin boats!!LOL Maybe some one will open a business where you can dip them in a big vat of Tarn-X. Hehehehehehe...I'm feelin ornry today.....

TOXIC

Seriuosly Tox....I don't know why they (Tracker) haven't looked into this as far as treatment. Far better than paint..doesn't crack or peel and it's really some tough stuff. At least when I scratch it..you don't see it and it shines like new money !

TEE

I've always thought there ought to be a factory applied sealant to tin rigs. Kinda like brass so that it won't tarnish within hours. Sharkhide, or a similar product would be a must for me cause like you, I want my ride to look good no matter what.

TOXIC

One thing I really like is the scum don't stick like untreated aluminum...wipes down just like glass. Try that without a treatment. I asked the guy at Sharkhide how long it would last on a trailered/gararged boat...he said possibly indefinitely. If it lasts 5 years and have to reapply..I'd still be happy:)

TEE

Back