"Scales and Tales" 10th Anniversary

• Thread starter Bill McElroy [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
In April of 1993, I got a phone call from the Editor of BassTimes,...he wanted to start running my cartoons in the May issue. 10 years later,..they're still there!..Life is good! To all of my friends on the NTOWS who don't get B/T..here's a sneak peak at the Anniversary panel!!..Enjoy!!

Mac
May03.jpg

Congratulations Brother! I always say with pride that I have a practically anonymous internet friendship with practically anonymous world famous cartoonist! LOL

Rich D

Congratulations Mac!!! Hope it's OK to use as a screen background? When you do a panel for the magazine do you usually do it all in one sitting or work on it over time? Also how far in advance do you have to have the panels ready?

Way to GO Mac!

Now, when did you realy start drawing that cartoon? Was Bass Times the first one to pick it up??

You ROCK!!!

Sam,...I draw them in one sitting usually,..however on this particular one, I drew it about a month ago and just added the color lasnite. My deadlines for B/T are a month in advance....I have to have them down there by the 6th of each month,...and they will appear in the next month's issue, which arrives at subscriber's houses during the 1st week or so of that month.

Trep....I created S&T in 1987...it first appeared in the Michigan Bass Federation newsletter, and then it was picked up by the Ohio Federation, Oklahoma Federation and it currently runs in the New Mexico Federation paper aswell. No need to solicite anymore federations though, since it appears in B/T every month anyway, and the Fed. members get that paper more oftne than their own Fed newsletters most of the time....besides...I don't do specific stuff for each state...they all get the same ones I send to B/T...

Scott,..I've told you before,..mental instability can be very lucrative,...ask any cartoonist or senator!

I particularly like the kicked back frog about to munch a bug! And that dude in the back....."whaaaaaaasup" Is that supposed to be Mini??? LOL

Mac, I've never seen a BT. I'll have to subscribe. Do any of your "characters" have names?

Rob,...ROTFLMAO...that's EXACTLY who that's supposed to be!!

Mini does that "arms up" move all the time....crax me up!!

I can't believe you picked that out!!!...ahahaha

Sam,..B/T is a great paper....lots of tourney stats and all the latest/greatest industry stats and info in a more timely fashion....It's 12 issues/yr vs. Bassmaster's 10issues. Deffinetely subscribe!!!

Thanks,.

Mac

Mac,

Congrats on the 10th anniversary!!

Bob G.

Congrats Mac!! Makes me wonder just where all of the inspiration comes from and how you keep it going for so long. All of my creative juices are flammable.

TOXIC

LOL....you're killin' me Tox,...by the way,..your "logo" is next on my docket!! Look for it soon (right after I get home from Beaver)...

Congrats Mac. In this day in age where cartoons aren't as popular you beat the odds. Way to Go.

Mike Grandick

fatrap

Thanks man,...coming from another one of "us",..I really appreciate it!!...Keep up the great work you're doing aswell!

Mac

Take your time, I'm in no hurry and make sure you give me you home address so I can get my little thank you in the mail!!

TOXIC

MAC,

Congrats! I go to your website and look at your tunes often. I never get tired of looking at them!

Great Job.

RoyC

Roy,....my site will be updated soon too.....the webmaster is waiting for me (again!!) to send him the latest stuff,...I'm waiting for my boat to get here first and then I'll get .jpgs of that and the last years' worth of toon's to add....need new promo pix's etc....it should be all revised with a "NEW LOOK" by May 1st....that's my goal!!

Mac

You want pix in print or slide? Congrats on the 10 years. Sound like a good reason for a "Tesosteroom" bash to me!

Craig

There will be a bash real soon buddy!! Probably in early May,...we'll celebrate all kinds of stuff,.....my B-Day, 19th Wedding Anniversary,...10th S&T Anniversary...Spring,..new boat (I'll let you sit in it too!!)...WINNING the 40G's at the FLW!!!..

We'll have a real goooooooood time!! ( I can arrange for a "surprise" phone call too while everyone's there!!) Then you guys would really think I'm hooked up!! LOL!!

Mac, I'll supply the camera boat. Craig can take pix with his camera and my new digital camera and we'll get some SWEET shots for your new web-site.

Congrats man!!!!

So who's gonna call you on your b-day??? Woo, Kevin, Hank, Wally???? Dude, we already KNOW you're hooked-up.

Marke

Sweet, I should be out in May to prefish hopefully! Hey Mac, who's the worm on the hook??? LOL Or the carp?

Mac,

Like others here, many congratulations on your accomplishments. I love my Bait Me shirt. Wear it all the time - out in the yard! Going to the Federation Tourney on Santee Cooper in about 10 days, taking my shirt with me. It will probably get warm enough to get down to a "T" during the day, so I'm hoping your shirt will lead me to the promised land!

Tex

Congratulations on the 10th Anniversity issue Mac. Good things come to good people. Take care Big Dog..

Buzz

Steve,...."Overnite success"?...dude,..it's like the quote Dave Berry said a few years ago....it was sooo perfect I never forgot it!!,..He said,.."Overnite success is working overnite, everynite, for 10 years!" hahah.....man is THAT true!! Thanks for the kudo's guys...much appreciated!!

Marke,..trust me..the phone call I'll arrange for my next party will blow your mind!! (It's already been disgussed and agreed upon by that person!!)

Mac I hope the next ten years are even better then the last ten.Love the toon. I started getting in part Bassn'Times because of S&T .U Da Mann !! I'll be proud to display my personnalized toon soon !! (ONLY 99.95 + S&H) < plug

Congrats Mac! Here's to MANY more years of success for you and "Scales and Tales"... egMike

OK Mac - So Rob picked out Mini - Is that ME with the mask and snorkle??? LOL

LOVE the Carp cruising thru the background!! MAN you are Talented AND a nice guy!!

So, that enough Butt Kissing?? I'm ready for my shirts AND my BILL!!! LOL

Mac...heartfelt congratulations on your many years of success. While your artwork is my favorite in the 'toon category, it was far more than talent that got you where you are today. It is my sincere pleasure to have met you and I'm even prouder to call you a friend.

The S&T shirt display is right in front of the registers at the Grapevine BPS. There's ALWAYS someone looking at the shirts and I ALWAYS feel the need to brag about knowing the dude who makes them! Can't say I've ever failed in convincing someone to buy at least one.

Keep up the great work, Mac! We're all proud of ya! Here's to another 10 years of S&T....

Good Stuff Mac...

Glad to have made your aquaintance!!!

You Da Man!!!

az

Congrats Mac!

glad to have met you at BPS and really like the S&T shirts. Good Luck to you and I hope for another 10 years.

jd

Thanks folks,....I really appreciate your nice comments...too cool!! Thanks for the sales help Adam!!..LOL...it is fun to watch people when they check them out,...I like to see their expressions as well...it's all the "feedback" I need!!.....ahahaha. Thanks again everyone!!

Mac

Just wanted to let you know I love reading it every month when I get my BT!!! Keep it up!

After all these years working my tail off and I am an over exuberant crayfish half stuck in mud?!? And to think I used to have a towel man job...lol

Mac, you ROCK! Thanks for the plug and the venison....that was quite a feast!

Testosteroom.....I like it! When is the next He Man Bass Fishin Whiskey Sippin gonna happen? I might have to bring a few guests too ;)

Mini

I'm going to have a Spring Bash for sure,....sometime in May....it'll be a new boat, birthday, anniversary, spring celebration fling,...complete with food/drink/song/"eye candy" (that's YOUR assignment Towel Man!.)....and maybe a surprise guest or two...at the very least.,..we'll get a phone call anyway!! I'll keep you posted,...but we'll plan a real hoo-daddy on our way to AR. and back!! LOL...

My pleasure with the feast the other night,.....that was gooood...very few earthly delights can top Gentleman Jack over ice,..marinated backstraps on the grill, "Mini" tater tots,..and a phone call from Buzz!!!...ahaha...life is GOOD!

Seeya tomorrow dude,..

Mac

Mac,

Congratulations Dude!!!! You earned it!! Treyse is still showing off his hat and telling everyone that "his friend Mac" did it for him!!

Tim

Latest posts

Back