Saw something at Ranger in Flippin, that I thought was surprising

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Well, since I was up in N. Central Arkansas this past weekend, I drove by the Ranger factory (and several others - BassCat & Legend). But, on the way home yesterday morning, I saw something at Ranger that really baffled me.

They were all working. On what is for most all people in the US as a National Holiday. True, the 4th was on Sunday, but Monday was the official holiday where most everthing other than 'retail' was closed. I guess that they 'may' have had Friday off, but it would sure be strange.

Lot's of those pretty new shrink wrapped Rangers sitting on traliers waiting to be delivered! While roaming around, I accidently drove by both the BassCat and Legend boat 'homes'. They are blocks from each other.

Finally got to visit and eat at 'Gaston's on the River'. Great place, nice setting. However, I believe that if I was going back to that area and wanted to hire a guide or stay at a White River fishing resort, I'd likely get one further downstream (Gaston's is very, very close to the Bull Shoals Dam) where the water levels and flow are much better. The 'White River' get's quite a bit of inflow from the various creeks and smaller tributaries in the area and not all from the release at the dam.

Tex

How3 did you like all the antiques hanging on the walls at Gastons. Another nice place to go. Did you make it to Freds Fish House???

We tried to eat at Fred's and stopped there at 5:00PM. No place to park in the lot, and it absolutely had no other place to park so we missed it. The stuff hanging on the walls and such at Gaston's was a hoot. We have some good pictures that we will post after I get them off of the camera's (tonight probably).

Tex

The City of Tallahassee operated on Monday as if it was a normal day.

Latest posts

Back