RV towing boat?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish PMC

Reaction score
I would like to know if anyone here knows of a site or perhaps some personal experience with towing a boat with a 22' class C motorhome? We haven't bought it yet, but seriously considering a 2250 Sunseeker. I am concerned with launching. My boat is a 19' tracker targa that weighs (motor, trailer,fuel incl.) in at about 6000# total. Anyone here use an RV when traveling to your fishing spots? I would like to stop paying for hotels and meals when I am at tournaments or fun fishing

Thanks

A Targa weighs in about 3500lbs. fully loaded including trailer.

I looked at the specs and it might not be quite up to snuff when you get the motorhome loaded with fuel, water, kitchen stuff (pots, pans, etc), personal items, etc. I would take the boat to the scales and see what it truly weighs when loaded and then work from there to see if it's feasable.

I agree with KYSean, unless you have an older, bigger Targa with a tandem axle trailer. My 2012 Targa V18 has a single axle trailer rated for 3500 lbs, so it better not weigh much more than that, and I don't think it does. Targa

Something you might want to look at with a motor home is how much of the back of the motorhome will be underwater when your backed down the ramp. This depends on where the axle of the MH is in relation to the ball on the hitch and how steep of grade the ramp is. I've seen some that had to have a ball mounted on the front bumper and the boat trailer hooked to it then pushed down the ramp. I've also seen some awful ugly things happen to MHs backing big rigs down the ramp. Some of the ramps I use my exhaust pipe is almost underwater just on my pickup truck.

fatrap

Wrong info above. My Targa fully loaded with gas and gear with the 150Merc and 9.9 kicker weighs in at 3800 pounds per Penn Dot Scale.

THe 6000# reference was what I was told the RV can tow although there website states 8k?

I like the idea of a hitch on the front of the RV. Thanks

I assume you are in PA, so this would not be legal. Imagine getting in a jam and trying to back this rig up.

100_0313.jpg

The above pic gives me some ugly visions. Just my boat on the back of my truck has caused me to make some Olympic style moves.

I also drove fire apparatus through city streets for 26 of my 30 years on the job (including tiller type). But, I wouldn't touch that setup for a winning lottery ticket!

I see that out west alot. You guys are nuts. No way I would ever try that even if I lived in a state that it was legal.

Back