rope

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve hoy

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone could tell me where to find boat tie off ropes for tying to the dock,thought I saw somewhere soft ones thatwont hurt the gelcoat. thanks all.

Tons of places have them. Bass Pro Shops, Cabelas, Wal Mart, Dicks Sporting Goods, Academy Sports, West Marine, Boaters World, etc...

Any line has the capability of scuffing the gel coat, but most of them won't even come close to doing any type of damage at all. I carry three lines in my boat. One that I purchased from Academy (nylon 3 strand), one from Boaters World (double braid nylon), and one from Bass Pro Shops (double braid nylon). The Boaters World one is my favorite to use, as the line is very easy to work with and never takes a set. I could tie it in a very strong knot, and still be able to get the knot undone fairly quickly when I want to. It was also the most expensive of the three I carry. The BPS one is a close second, and the 3 strand from Academy is simply an emergency tow line and seldom every leaves my storage box.

All the best,

Glenn

Latest posts

Back