Roller Bunks

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Smith4

Reaction score
I am new to this group. I have a Nitro 750 dual consel with a Mercury 115 motor. The boat is hard to launch and to load in shallow water. I have had several boat this size and larger over the years but was younger and the launching and loading did not bother me but now it does. My question is do the roller bunks and an electric winch help with launching and loading this size boat? What are the pros and the cons of using this type of set up I have to launch and load most of the time by myself. I do not see many trailers with roller bunks or electric winches. The less expensive winches I seen used on trailers with just bunk boards do not seem to work very well so I will be purchesing a better qualith and it will have a stral and not a cable in it.

Thank you in advance for your information.

I had roller bunks on my last boat, but the new one has carpets. The first few times launching were challenging so I applied Liquid Rollers to the bunks. Now I have to keep the bow secured until the boat is in the water or it will slide off. When reloading, the boat glides all the way up. I believe I bought the Liquid Rollers from Amazon. Beware of the powered winches - you can easily pull the bow eye out of the boat!

Thanks for the info. Will take note of the pulling of the bow eye. I just need something to help with launching and loading as I do this most of the time by myself.

I would be cautious about putting anything slippery on your trailer bunks. Might end up with your boat sitting on the ramp. I float my boat off and power load on. When loading, I dunk the trailer to wet the bunks, then pull it back out to where I need it to load.

As I stated in the earlier post, Liquid Rollers (an aerosol product) is made for this purpose. I bought mine on Amazon and it works great, esp. on some of the shallower ramps. Do use CAUTION and DO NOT release the winch strap before the boat is fully backed down - it will dump on the ramp.

Liquid Rollers sounds awsome. I have always had roller trailers set up so I have to actually rope my boat to winch post when I release the clip as they roll right off. That is the way trailers are meant to be. I see so many people at the ramp huffing and puffing and getting absolutely no where.

thommo59 that is the reason why I am considering roller bunks because I can not huff and puff to load and unload my boat. I do keep my boat tied onto the trailer untill I am ready to float it off. To float it off when the water is low I some time drive forward a short distance then back up and quickly appley my brakes. I have had to just leave when that would not work.

Thank you all for your comments. I would still like any feed back you may have. I will be bring my boat back home from the lake at the end of this month and I must do some repairs as I just found a bunk board that has rotted out where the screw goes into the board.

Latest posts

Back