"ROB"

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAMES MOORE

Reaction score
Rob let me know as soon as the ice goes out. I would also like to know how the new law effecting Vermont/NY fishing licenses will effect me. Do I still need to buy both, or can you now fish the Vermont side along the main bodies of water with a NY license. If so, hows that going to effect the catch and release bass fishing along the Vermont side in early spring? Looking forward to getting up to your place. Jim

Jimbo,

The new "reciprocal" license isn't worth the paper it took legislate it. It only applies to the salmon and laker fisherman that troll the "gray zone". The area in the middle of the lake where the invisible line between VT and NY is supposed to exist but nobody can tell exactly where. Whenever you are within say (can't recall actual distance) a 1/4 mile of shore in VT, you need to have a VT license. So for bass anglers we need both. What you REALLY need to be concerned with is this new STUPID @$$ law banning ALL lead content baits in NY waters. I can no longer sell Top Brass in NY because brass has a lead content. SO........spinnerbaits, jigs, any weights or baits had better not have lead OR brass on them, including blades. How ridiculous is that???

Ice is already moving out of the river at my house, that's the first phase. Next will be the mouths, then the bays, then the whole lake. I would venture to say 2 weeks and you'll be able to launch and run a boat safely around Chazy landing area. Might still encounter and occasional mini iceberg in the main lake though. The big problem is debris from run off and rain waters.

C&R is VT is still unaffected. May 1st baby! Toads gallore!!!!!

Will need a VT license to fish the Inland Sea and any VT rivers. Might as well buy NY and VT licenses, then you can fish everywhere.

Bob G.

Rob your wrong w/a NY lic you can fish everywhere but missiquee & mallets bay w/ a vermont lic you can fish everywhere but southbay. I have both lic as I like to fish st catherine & bomoseen & overcourse missique bay.

I'm counting the days Rob.

Yes it really pisses me off the new law. Like all their dum laws they have now it's one for the honest guy. Everyone else will just ignore it, Can I borrow that led smelter of yours. HEEEEE Should be plenty around for making your own.

Hey Rob / Bob,

Which one should I buy in May? I'll be getting a NH license already and I don't really want to buy VT AND NY if I don't have too. Where do you guys we'll be fishing the most? I think the only NY waters we typically fish are Rob's tires....and they suck!!!LOL

Marke, only buy the 1 or 2 day for each, that way we can go where ever we want. But if you have to pick 1, go with VT, since they have a C&R season and NY does not.

Latest posts

Back