Rich D...How's your Bro-in-law?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for asking Harpo.

He is progressing slowly. Last week they moved the ventilator from his mouth to a trach and are trying to remove it completely, but that hasn't been successful yet. He went from relying on the ventilator 65-35 (he was breathing 65%) to the ventilator giving him 2 deep breaths every minute or so and the rest is him.

He had a fever for the past week, but that seemed to break yesterday.

The swelling in the brain is almost gone and they put him on a blood thinner to dissolve some clots forming in his legs. They couldn't do that until they were sure he wouldn't begin bleeding in his brain again.

They also started him on a drug similar to Ridalin, to stimulate brain activity. This seems to be working well. He is opening his eyes more and following you/looking at you when you talk to him. He is also more responsive and alert during therapy.

If they get him off of the ventilator, they will move him from the ICU to a Rehab ward. If they can't get him off the ventilator, he will be moved to an Acute care facility.

My sister sends an email update at 4:00 so I will post today's progress later.

Thanks again for everyone's support! I can't describe how much it means to us!

Rich D

That is still good progress... I, too, was thinking we hadn't had an update for a while, so I was glad to see your post. Agian, God Bless you and yours...

You are all still in my thoughts and prayers...

Promise him a fishing trip anywhere you can find some of us... That ought to get him progressing along... Or, maybe if he got to know some of us... He'd stay put in the hospital... For his own safety... See Post above about Methane and then the Toxic story... Scarey people here...LOL

I'm not at all scarey!

I'll take him fishin'!

Can we borrow the boat, Rich? :)

Very good news!

I got the update for today. Still not off the ventilator, but still responding well, including thumb wrestling and attempting to blow a kiss. Also no fever. I will either be at the hospital or picking on his kids tonight!

He is more a hunter than a fisherman. I will have to take him out to Fatrap's for the ditch parrots!

Thanks all

Staci, true... You aren'r scarey... but I hear (from lots of people) that at least one of your friends is... And, Neeley isn't your only friend here...

Note: Possible "other" Scarey Friends...

Toxic (for obvious reasons)

Mac (just the shine alone is)

Mini (those Hooter's wings have residual effects)

Trep (from the knees down...and the neck up!...We have photos)

Rob (by dancing reputation and undergarment choices)

And, then there is the "older" Meyer...

Tell him if he tries to blow me a kiss...he'll have a major relapse! The news is good...and that is great!

Neeley is only scarey when he wears the french maid outfit you got for him..........

The rest are basically - if not totally harmless - except for anyone with the name of "Meyer"......

Good news, Rich. Sounds like a long recovery still ahead.

See why I've never been a big fan of work?

Keep us posted.

Harpo

Hey Greg, judging by your comments, does that make me the "younger Meyer?"

Latest posts

Back