Rental House in Resort area

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Newman

Reaction score
I am curious if anyone on the board owns any rental houses/cabins in lake areas. I have first dibs on property across the street from my house in the country. It is a shell of a 24 x 48 building with an 8 foot porch running the length of the building. Bath/Kitchen plumbing is stubbed in already, but will have to completely finish the interior and do a little work on the outside, but not much. I can do 90% of the work myself if I want. Building is about a year old. It sits on a 9 hole golf course with about 80-100 ft of frontage on a 1/2 ac pond that is also on the gold course. The general area is great for outdoor activity because we are surrounded by 12,000 ac Lake Shelbyville, and tens of thousands of acres of Army Corp ground that can be hiked and hunted for free. My thought is that I would finish the house and turn it into a 2-bedroom rental. If you own resort rental properties I would love to hear your pro/cons to getting into this business and things you would do differently if you did it again. If you aren't into the owner side then what would you like to see as a renter. Rooms, furniture, ammenities,extras,rates, etc. Any comments would be appreaciated.

Just an FYI, The corps has a frame and a brick house for rent on the lake with a boat dock. The frame house has sleeping arangements for like 10-12, fire place, full open kitchen and i belive 2 baths. They rent it out for like $120 per night and there always full.

not shure if this helps you at all

Hey Jimfc3: Where is that house you refer to located on the lake? I actually live on the lake, but I have never heard of any house, rental or not that has a boat dock. I would love to know more.

I rent houses like this all the time for fishing trips - post your property on vrbo.com - (vacation rental by owner) - thats where i go to find a place to stay...

Latest posts

Back