Remember those KIA

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
I have had an unnerving past 48 hours with my mom being in Afganistan. Her unit was stationed not far from where the Chinook went down and she was slotted for a mission soon. The last mission some of her unit went on was ambushed and 4 soldiers were killed and 7 wounded. Her unit was OK, but they were in the heat of the battle. When this last crash happened we were worried not having heard from her since before the news.

Well this morning I got an e-mail from my mom and she is fine. But it occured to me that somewhere, there are several families whose worst worries were just confirmed and their soldiers are not coming home alive.

Like it said in Mac's post yesterday, remember that Freedom isn't free and it is being paid for even now in Iraq and Afganistan. It's is paid for in blood by those soldiers that fall in battle and in tears by their families back home. Somewhere a little boy will grow up only knowing that his Daddy was an honorable and brave soldier in the United States Army or Marines.

Remember THAT this 4th of July and pray for those who are still over there, and those who will never come home.

...or Navy,...Coast Guard,...FBI,...CIA,...NSA,...They're ALL in this together!!

Really glad your Mom is OK!!

Mac

We will never forget the few who sacrificed to benefit so many.

Good news on the Mom front Rob!! Send her all our best!!!

Rob,

Good that she is okay... And, you are right on to remind everyone of us that everyday there are families making sacrifices for us, for our freedom. My thoughts and prayers are with your family everyday... God Bless

Sure will Rob,I think about them every day.

It's a shame that so many have already forgotton why we are over there.And it's a bigger shame that some will use our soldiers as pawns in a political game.

Keep us updated on Mom.

Steve

I do that everyday Rob.....Also those that are supposed to die from other than Combat..B..S ..............JR

Latest posts

Back