Reel ID Help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
OK reel guru's, I need a little help ID'ing a couple of reels that I bought. I was on my way to Dick's to pick up a couple of Curado's when I got to the counter and saw these.....$119.00 each for the Curados or $140.00 DAIWA's on sale for $69.00 each. Here are the Stats and by the way, I Googled them and didn't come up with a thing that matched them....are these the Japanese models? Remember, they are baitcasters (bullet/Curado style) not spinning reels.

Daiwa Capricorn Baitcaster

Model # 100H

Free Floating spool

9 bearings

Aluminum Frame

Infinate Anti-Reverse

Magforce anti-backlash control

Anidised Spool

To give them "The" test, I took them out on Anna in a strong headwind, dialed the backlash control to the middle setting (5) put it into free spool, tied on a big buzzbait and cast it into the wind as hard as I could throw it,........... without my thumb on the spool:eek: That buzzer sailed like it was shot out of a cannon and the reel didn't even try to backlash. I am a happy camper, I just don't have any info on the reel itself:huh: They are silver and light grey in color and the paperwork that came with them shows a black reel????????

TOXIC

Tox, I just picked up a Capricorn at Dicks the other day on sale for the same price. So far, I love the reel. I too, tried to do some research on it before the purchase (the ad in the flyer made me curious), but could'nt come up with anything. It seems to be an awesome reel for the price.

I was actually wondering what the gear ratio was on the Capricorn ? I could'nt seem to locate that info on the reel, box or paperwork.

As KB said - probally a exclusive. Either that, or it's a new model. I havn't seen them anywere, and the Capicorn spinning series has been out for a couple of years now.

Glenn

My box says 6.3:1

Holds 160 yds of 12lb test and 140 of 14. Perfect for me, I never spool more than 12lb.

So far, so good they are an awsome reel for the price. I bought 2 and had some discount certificates from Dick's for $20.00 off.

TOXIC

Well, Dick's on line doesn't carry the reel. They do carry the Capricorn spinning reel for $105.00. I may have to ride the 19 miles to my nearest Dicks. Everytime I see something here about a deal at Dick's and drive there however, they don't have it. We'll see.

Bill

Latest posts

Back