Rally -- 40 days, 44 degrees

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Griffeth

Reaction score
Just checked the lake info for KY lake. Brrrrrr......

Kentucky Lake: Water Level at Ky Dam: 354.76 Surface Temperature: 44

Lake Barkley: Water Level at Barkley Dam: 355.15 Surface Temperature: 44

The extended winter weather continued in the lakes area this week with snow, freezing rain, and rain. All of the flood gates are still open on both lakes. I have not received any reports of fishing activity over the past week as anglers have been staying inside and not braving the winter weather conditions on the lakes. I took a tour of the north Kentucky Lake and north Barkley lakes area today by land to check the latest water conditions. All of the areas I saw on North Barkley were either muddy or heavily stained. Kentucky Lake is heavily stained to muddy on the main lake near the river channel and the bays were somewhat stained but not nearly as bad as they were a week ago. Actually, many of the bays on north Kentucky Lake had just enough stain to them to make the waters look very fishable.

Reports received from Pickwick and Wheeler indicate that the water levels there are still very high and they have been receiving more precipitation also. A report from Lake Cumberland indictated that the lake there has water in the treelines and that all the flood gates are open so there is still a lot of water to come thru Lake Barkley also. The extended forecast for next week indicate daytime highs in the 40's and nights at or near the freezing mark. It appears we may still have to deal with this late winter weather for at least another week.

Pray for warm......

With 40 days to go, Rand McNally says:

Average Spring high in Kentucky is 65 degrees with an average low of 44. 30% chance of rain.

Pray for mid-70's April 10, 11, 12 and 13!

And NO RAIN!

me!

Same weekend, mini-rally at Lake Fork.

Expect high 70's, sun, gin-clear water and double-digit HAWGS!!!

You decide...

Adam... You just won't quit so we're gonna have to "quit" you!!!! LOL Don't be alarmed if a guy with dead fish shows up at your house...

We're a hardy bunch up here in the snow covered north... But we can get real nasty and vengeful... so beware...

Latest posts

Back