Quickleen Substitue

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Rife

Reaction score
Guy's I cant find the quickllen in my area what would be a suitable substitute?

The advice you gave me on the Marine stabil Thats for when I put it up for the winter correct? I'm going to pick it up my boat this evening after work and I plan on taking it out Saturday then I'll do the water pump impeller/housing lower unit flush and fill as part of the winterization...The guy that has it has taken immaculate care of it..

Boy seems like it's a shame you got the boat and now you have to prepare for winter, does that mean you can't use it till spring... You can find Quickleen on line at Amazon, my Walmart here sells it but sometimes you can's find it but have Mercury dealer here that sells it, pay more but you only use 1 oz. per 6 gallon, some say seafoam works too, I use seafoam in my motorcycle but not sure about the Merc??

Nice pictures and good luck

Mike

I use Quickleen when I can get it but, run Marine Stabil (ethanol blend) all the time now.

Merc actually makes a product that has both in it. Mercury Fuel Treatment and Stabilizer. One stop shopping. You might have to go to a Merc dealer to get it.....or order it online.

TOXIC

Yamaha Ring Free is virtually identical in composition and results to Quikleen, if you have a Yammy dealer near by and available online. Also, be aware that a fuel stabilizer (whether enzyme based or not) is not a very effective fuel system cleaner. The concentration and inherent properties with corresponding results are very different. (A peek inside a blown cylinder head will show the difference.) I strongly suggest using both a stabilizer (ie: Marine Stabil or Startron) and a fuel system cleaner (ie: Quikleen or Ring Free) with every tank of gas, now that we live in the world of corn in our fuel tanks. Good luck! ;)

I use Marine StaBil and Seafoam and have no complaints. I also use the Seafoam in my motorcycle and 4 wheeler. great stuff.

I do what Woody does. Been using seafoam for years in several different motors and no problems.

+1 on the Seafoam. Works great on my outboards. Its both a stabilizer AND decarb/cleaner. I use the same combo as Woody (Marine Stabil and Seafoam). I even use the Seafoam based "Dunk method" for decarb in the spring. First time I did that, I had noticeable improvement in both outboards. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you can check it out at the link below.
http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/18222-how-decarb-engine-dunks-method.html

Latest posts

Back