Questions on Spinnerbait storage?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erin Resch

Reaction score
Do you guys carry your spinnerbaits and buzzbaits in a bag or a box? Right now I have a bag with individual zip-lock puches that fits in my big tackle bag, but I'm afraid of the safety of those baits getting banged around.

I would go to using a box, but that's an extra thing I have to carry...

Any Opinions?

For your spinner baits get a hard side CD case. The'll hold a couple dozen spinners and if you sit on it you won't damage your baits.

I use a box...

It takes up a bit more space, but shoot, there's so much room in my TV-18 anyway...

With a box you can see all the baits at the same time...picking a specific weight and color is easier.

Grab and go!

az

I use the Plano boxes:

http://www.basspro-shops.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=1502&hvarDept=100&hvarEvent=&hvarClassCode=11&hvarSubCode=3&hvarTarget=browse

I know the boxes take up more space, but I tried the bags and using some of the Plano worm boxes with some of the dividers removed but really like the Plano spinnerbait boxes. I have a large soft bag I got with one of my rod/reel combo's that is big enough to handle my 3 Plano 370 boxes, my double sided BPS worm bad and my Plano Spinnerbait box in one bag. So when I fish from other boats it all fits together - but MAN is it HEAVY!!!

I carry about 75 spinnerbaits in a bag...The One from BPS with twoo zippered pouches per page...four baits per page...The only modification I have made is to punch two hole in the corners of each pouch to let some air circulate and "osmosis" to work out the humidity thing...So far two seasons and no "funky" baits from moisture and very compact storage

Most of mine are 'hanging' in a tackle box. Works pretty good. However, I have my most frequently used ones, in several plastic sleeves, in my worm bag - which is always handy. Seem to prefer it that way.

Tex

I use boxes for the bulk of my spinnerbaits, i also use the lid to my storage locker for the ones i want for that particular day. I attached a small bungee cord to the metal cross brace and slip the blade part behind the cord and they stay in place (remove the trailer hooks). I also use the foam lining in the lid to hold my hooks, makes access to the hooks very easy. Been doing this for 3 years and still no problems (knock on wood).

Eric H.

My "general" tackle bag is a BPS 370 Extreme Tourney.

After I asked this same question a couple of months ago, I ended up buying a Plano 3704 box that fits in the bag and is specifically designed to hold spinner baits. This way I don't have to carry a seperate bag or box.

me!

Easy, just ask Carlos, He throws his over the side!!LOL

Go fishin', dispose of "extra" tackle, go to BPS to re-stock and start the process over!!

TOXIC (duck and run, duck and run)

Keep mine in a box. I'm not sure what you mean by safety or getting banged around. I just find the box easier to use, and storage isn't a problem. However, when the box gets full, the baits do tend to tangle a bit and be hard to get out especially if you have trailer hooks on.

Scott,

How do you like the Plano 3704? I bought one a few days ago -- loaded all my spinnerbaits in it, then decided I didn't like it and took them out and put them back in my old Over N' Under I've had for years. I didn't think I'd like the way the baits lay on top of each other and the way the last two notches that hold the baits are useless because the tails and spinners hang over the edge of the box. Anyway I'd like to move completly out of the old tackle box but the spinnerbaits are the last resident along with a few odds and ends that could easily find a Plano box home. I talked to one guy who clips the split ring of the spinner swivel on the hook and then they store neatly in a regular box. Your thoughts, please.

Harpo

Soonerfan -

For my use, the 3704 works quite well..... I don't have a tremendous number of spinnerbaits so space is not an issue - my issue is keeping them secure and undamaged. I also tend to use only a few sizes/colors, generally in the smaller 1/4 and 1/8 oz weights, so I can crowd them in and not have to worry about picking one from the middle. I do have a couple Ledge Busters, they fit.

If I had many more, I would likely got to one of the "binder" systems.

For anyone looking for a tackle box/bag..... Until the middle of this summer, I used a Plano hard-sided box with smaller boxes inside; these boxes were no longer available and I started looking around..... I walked into BPS one day and they had the 370 Extreme Tourney Bags on sale for $29 (normally $44.99) with 5 - 3700 boxes. (The bag will hold 6.) I've been VERY happy with it!

me!

I keep spinnerbaits in 4"X4" ziplock bags. You can then keep them anywhere you want without them getting tangled up. You can write the size on the bags with a Sharpie marker and quickly find what you need. The tackle bags made for spinnerbaits work well but take up room. I fish as a co-angler in a lot of tournaments and my method allows me to pack several spinnerbaits in a minimum amount if space in the bottom of my over and under tackle box I use for tournaments. I found the bags I use at an antique mall. I saw something displayed in them and thought they would be good for spinnerbaits and asked the booth worker if I could buy some from her. I forget what she charged but it was very little.

Latest posts

Back