question for dog owners

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike chip

Reaction score
hey guys,

i remember a while back the topic of glucosamine came up, well. my 13 year old yelloow lab is starting to show signs of wear, and i would lie to start giving here some, where is the best place and price to get some.

mike c

I could be wrong but glucosimine is available at any nutrition/ weight lifting store.

Mike - Cheapest place is Costco in their brand - Kirkland. We use it every day! I'm not 13 yet (in dog years) but it helps me.

thanks guys, i guess i will have to make a trip to costco with the wife.

mike c

I got my dog chewables at from the pet store. It has glucosamine and condrotin (sp?)in it. He thinks they are treats so they must taste good. It seems to have helped his hips. You have to be careful of the different brands. Some are weak doses.

Can dogs have the same dose as humans (like from costco)?

thats interesting teri, i will check the treats out.

mike c

carlos.

our best 5 went around 12 or so.

my bite changed big time and had trouble catching back up to them, but figured it out in the end, caught well over 100 fish, including one stretch where mr and my partner went 11 casts and 11 fish. but most were 14, 3/4.

Can dogs have the same dose as humans (like from costco)?

Teri's question is a good one and why a veterinarian should be consulted before using any of those drugs or vitamins! If your dog's joints are really bothering your dog and she is in pain, your vet may want you to give her Rimadyl.

Rimadyl is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory used to treat pain and inflammation in dogs who have arthritis or other joint diseases like hip dysplasia. I've seen Rimadyl do some amazing things for dogs. You need a prescription though. It comes in chewable tablet form and is usually given just one time a day. When I was giving it to my dog she thought it was a treat. Check with your vet Mike. Good Luck.

Uncle Billy

Check your food too, its been published that high grain content dry food can exasperate joint stiffness.

i checked with my vet a while ago and he sold me some treats, but the price is out of this world (80 bucks for 100 treats). after i called him back he told me to get some and just give them to her, as for the rimadal, he says try the glucosamine first them see how she does. here hips only bother her after she runs for a while, and to be honest at 13 my lab does not run like she used to. but i want her to be pain free. as for the food, its an organis meat and vegtable blend, with very little grain.

mike c

I just bought treats with Glucosomene at Kroger's for $4/ 50

Latest posts

Back