Publicity Shot - NTOWS Website

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hofman

Reaction score
What do you think of this photo? Comments - good or bad - are welcome. I was just fiddling around with my photo-editing software.

(Image deleted to avoid copyright infringement)

I had to choose a tin boat for the background, <b><i>of course</b></i>!

looks good MO-

Kind of surprised you didn't put that awesome TV-18 of yours in the background!

az

I thought about it, but the Av is right on the cutting edge of boat technology, so I though it deserved the spotlight.

I'll work one up with a glass boat, and the TV-18 (just for us TV-18 guys!).

One for the glass guys....

The other qustions is...could something like this be screen printed or embroidered?

You could screen it, Stitchin' would be a problem! KB .....Looks pretty good though!

Printed---Yes,...and fairly cheaply too if you limit it to 2 colors.

Embroidered---Not cost effectively. Too much detail = too many stitches = HOW #$%!#$% MUCH??!! LOL!! (Been there,..said that!!!)

How 'bout this one??

Mo, that last one is PERFECT!

Seriously, those would make a great bumper sticker or something, I can't tell you how many people I've seen this year going out for the first or second time with a new Tracker/Nitro who've stopped to talk "Tracker" and had no idea this site existed..... those are some great looking shots Mo, egMike

Thanks, Mike! Now that I'm looking at it (the last one), I think it would be better if it said "IF the ship hits the sand..." Otherwise, some folks will think us tin drivers can't avoid running aground.

(I was trying to figure out a nautical way of saying, "When the Sh$t hits the f@n."

Look great - I'd suggest the one for the glass guys only say nitroowners.com - and the one for the tin guys say trackerowners.com

david

Very, very nice. Always interested to see what type of talents lurk behind the curtains!

Glass

Go faster. Fish Harder. Look better.

Tex

Ok..I have a guy at work that can make a "bumper sticker" size decal for the window for about 50 cents (2 color). It would be on a clear "gerber" sticker. Iam not sure how thery would handle under sun light and weather but they should work since the price would be right. First if we wanna do this I will handle getting them made ect., but we need art. MO do you care to keep working on the art?? You already have something that most people like. Second I need to know who wants one and how many. After I get the art he can give me an exact figure but bottom line the bigger the size and more colors the more it is. Give me feedback!

Donnie

Before it goes to far....Mo's "art" came from the OFFICIAL Nitro and Tracker page and we/he may need permission to use those photo's in another logo. The "glass" photo is non other than KVD driving that boat so royalties may be needed to use that also.

I don't want to spoil the fun but it is definitely somehting that needs to be looked into. This is Rich Sterns site NOT Trackers. I would hate to see Rich get into any kind of legal trouble because someone used an unauthorized photo to logo his site.

Other than that I have to say, Mo, good job as usual and you can put me down for 2 of the TIN ones :eek:)

OK So if we just use words and with Rich's permission to use the NTOWS logo we could still do it right?? Maybe we could do some for the raly. Lets keep it going...I can have them do them cheap! And they will be top notch.

Donnie

I'd be interested in the decal/sticker. By the way, MO, do you mean to say best website site? or just best website.

Lon - Whuuupppps!! Didn't even see that. I was doin' so much cuttin' and pastin' and pastin' and cuttin' that it slipped by me.

Wait!!! I've got the PERFECT ONE coming...

You're gonna love this. Give me about ten minutes.

Another thought - "world's best selling" is no where near as good as "world's best"....

I might be able to find out who we should talk to at Tracker to get permission for the graphics - let me know...

David

How 'bout THIS?? (At least Marke otta like it!!)
ntows3.jpg

BTW - Pierre's THUMBS UP photo would be good too, but the one in his library has the other photos embedded.

Pierre, if you have the unaltered original, and wouldn't mind letting me fiddle around with it,....?????
pierre.jpg

Ok I thought about the issue about getting permission for the tracker/nitro graphics. Honestly I dont belive the guy will do those for the fact we do not have a liscence to do them. I work closely with the liscening dept here (same company as the stickers) and I know we get audited frequently. But using the image of a "generic" boat with public domain shouldn't be a problem. What do you all think??

Donnie

Here's one that's approximately the shape of a bumper sticker:

ntows4.jpg

I'm going to start a new thread so that this one doesn't take so long to load.

MO

Hey MO no problem but I'm on the road inChicago....I'll send it down when I find it.

Pierre

Hey Pierre..

Where in Chicago? I am in the city most days...

Greg

Pierre:

Don't send it. I was able to do some editing of the photo in your library and it worked out just fine.

MO
ntows5.jpg

If you work out the manufacturing side of this deal, would you be posting them on the "Group Buys" page?

RoyC

Roy:

We're just dreamin about bumper stickers and shirts and stuff, so I doubt you'll actually see anything for sale anytime soon.

(But I'll take your question as a complement!!)

I can stil have someone at work make window decals if we ever decide on the right artwork. Let me know

Donnie

Don:

Just for kicks and grins, run my design and and SISKOs past your person and see what it would cost for an initial run of 500 of EACH one. We've got just under 1500 members here, but some probably don't come around anymore.

That would put us one step closer to a real sticker.

Thats cool...Mo & Sisko email me the file to me. I use the 'net at work and sometimes have problems downloading. Just send it as an attachment.

Donnie

I printed the nitro owners web site in color on a transparency...will be in the window of my truck this weekend

Latest posts

Back