Prop Pitch '96 Force 120 on 170TF

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Kuban

Reaction score
What pitch prop came stock on this motor/boat? Also, if anyone has changed props what are you currently running? Mine has a 26p SS Laser II. Does that sound about right for that HP and boat?

I've got the same boat with a 96 115 Merc and that is the same prop I have and WOT is right at 5200 rpm

Thanks for the replies. I am running about 4400RPMs. The thing is it used to run fine at the upper end of the WOT range with the same prop. Local repair shop ran it on the dyno and said it was in the normal WOT range, around 5000 RPMs or so. They originally thought it was the prop but they lake tested it today and think that's not it. They already did a link and sync and compression check. They are going to look at the reeds next.

Let me ask this to those that have that boat. Is there little styrofoam looking pieces all over the inside of your hull? I guess maybe for flotation? Could these have gotten waterlogged and increased the weight too much?

I've never noticed the "little styrofoam looking pieces" in mine...at least, not in the bilge area or under the front deck (I check the bilge area all the time for water leaking in and I didn't notice any under the front deck when I changed my TM a few years ago). Now, some of the floatation in the hull could have very easily gotten water-logged if you have a bad transom or hull damage somewhere.

The flotation foam in the hull would be big solid pieces right?

The transom and hull are both in good condition. How would I test if the flotation in the hull is waterlogged? I wonder what those styrofoam looking pieces are/

Back