Probably a stupid question..but I gotta ask

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Thurman

Reaction score
sorry for the stupid question in advance.

I just bought a used 2006 Nitro 929 CDX SC. It did not come with the fishing seats or pedestals. I have since bought two pedestals (at Academy) though they do not appear to fit in the boats pedestal cavity...at least not without forcing it.

The pedestals have a threaded 3/4" shaft with the 1.77" diameter upper post size.

Does the Nitro 929 CDX require a unique pedestal size or configuration...or do I simply force the pedestal into the cavity? If I force it I am not sure I can get it out.

thanks in advance for any help.

Eric

Pedestals are standard, course i do not remember if 06 they went to the screw in pedestals.

thanks BMCD...I can not see nor feel if the bottom of the pedestal cavity is threaded or not.

Also do I simply force the pedestals into the cavity? Before I posted this message I did manage to get the pedestal into the cavity about 1/4"...and then proceeded to spend about 10 minutes trying to get the damn thing out..and it was only 1/4 " into the cavity.

I can't imagine it is suppose to be that difficult to remove a pedestal..can it?

I am usually one to do it 1st and then ask questions later, but feel I better ask 1st on this one.

That happens to me on the rear one I just use some sand paper and sand the inside of the tube or boot. It gets some rust in there since it gets wet alot. My tube or boot goes directly inot the live well so I have to sand it down every so often. Sanding it out solves my problem. Hope it help yyou out.

Mine swelled on my 901 after about the 2-3rd season. I bought one of those circle sanding attachments for a drill, about 1 1/2" dia and sanded the inside of the receiver slightly untill they slipped in and out easily.

RoyC

Hey thanks everyone...one more question

Does the large brushed aluminium portion of the pedestal stop when it hits the top of the deck or should it also drop down inside the boats pedestal cavity? If it stops when it hits the top of the deck, then I believe I am missing an adapter that reduces the pedestal cavity from 1 3/4" to 3/4"

thanks for everything and let me know

E

Take a picture of your seat and hole in the deck. It would be much easier to tell you what you need.