Pro Team 190

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Becker

Reaction score
I am thinking of selling the 700 LX and buying either a PT 175 or a PT 190. My question is does anyone have any feedback or experience on the PT 190 ? I am very familiar with the performance of the PT 175 but the 190 does interest me. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

i own a pt 190/ 90 opti and i am very happy with it !! very large front deck and loads of storage!! up on plane and hauling butt instantly and it only sips the gas !! althow they could improve it some with a larger livewell, recess the foot controller(did that on my own) and they could have extended the front deck more towards the rear (atleast a foot) and take up some of the large dead space in the middle. with my mods it could of had a large front livewell, 8 foot port rod locker and a rear cooler (small livewell now) but then no one would buy the fiberglass ones xcept for the eye poping speed you get with the super large motors:eek:

190 will be my next boat a few years down the road so as to make improvements and hopefully they'll get the HP rating up there where they need to be to compete;)

Love my 185....I'm sure you can find a leftover model somewhere.....

I did the same thing. I had an NX750 and went to a PT 175 with a 50. I fish alot of smaller lakes most of the time. I am very happy with the boat.

Mark

Beck - I went the other direction - 2000 Tracker PC 175 w/40 Merc last year to a 1999 Nitro 700lx with a 115 Merc.

Its like night and day, but for different reasons:

The 700 vs. the 190 - you'll have a lot more room on the front deck and more storage up front but the rear boxes on the 175/190 are much smaller then the 700lx. The 700lx you have will be much faster than any of the 175 motor options, if you got the 135 Opti on the 190 you might tick 50mph.

The ride is very different between the 2 hulls, I realy liked my 175 Revolution Hull, it is/was the smoothest ride i've had in a aluminium boat that size. The feeling of a fiberglass boat getting on plane and pad is nothing like the 175/190, just a completely different feel! If I fished rivers, rocky areas and smaller bodies of water, i'd not hestitate to a 175/190, i'm getting the ich to fish a club or pot tourney, and the speed and thus distance I can run with my 700lx is light night/day to my 40 merc on the 175. I also realy wanted/needed a dual console, and Tracker doesn't offer a dual console in any of the PT series anymore :angry:

I realy like the arm rest/cup holder/step for the center seat, i'm still thinking of doing something like that for my 700lx, so when its just me and a bass buddie, we have a step.

What is the thought going to the PT series from the 700lx? gas mileage/cost? Lighter boat to tow/run? Rocky/river running? Just something different???

Trep

Trep, I have several reasons for considering the move. First, I am growing tired of the issues inherent to fiberglass. Secondly, the older I get, the more work it is to move the glass boat around in the garage. I only fish 1 or 2 tx's a year and can do that just as well in an aluminum boat. Also, I have a 125 hp on my 700 and find myself rarely running it wide open anymore. I have always preferred aluminum boats, but years ago they did not have the room or storage they do now. Not sure what I am going to do, but appreciate the very good comparision between the two you gave me.

Beck,

Much Less maintenance on the 175 VS my 750. Easier to deal with when your fishing by yourself.. On Off trailer / moving around the driveway/garage. All of the reasons I switched. If I do decide to do a tourny, The 175 will suit me just fine.

Only drawbacks in my opinion are speed and fishing in heavy wind.

Jaws

Beck, have you looked at the TV-18s" They are very nice boats. I went from a 884 Savage I bought new in 98' to a 2005 TV-18 new. It has loads of room, great handling considering it has a deep v hull cut down to accomodate a bass fishing deck. There are a few things I do wish it had like a second console, little larger livewell (like I need it!) and that is about it. I am running a 115 opti and upgraded to a 74lb MinnKota. I fish about 40 tournaments a year and am currently in the top 5 of each circuit, so the boat is not holding me back. I took a lot of ribbing this last year for going aluminum. After I won quite a bit last year and this year, that has dies down. I have even given quite a few guys rides to see what that thing could do. They were all impressed. Think you would be too!

Randy!;)

There are a few things I do wish it had like a second console

Just curious. What is the advantage of a 2nd console in any boat? Wind deflection for a passenger and cool looks are the only things I can think of. Thx

Jason - Having moved from a single console to a dual console in the same sized boat (PC175 to a 700lx DC) here are the pro/con's i've found in a year so far:

Cons:

- Less walking around room to fight a fish or put stuff

- In a small boat the "belly" room for a large gut guy could be a problem

- if you decide to take 4 people for a ride, there is one less place low for a person to sit

- On smaller boats, the passanger side rod locker is shorter due to the console (not so on the newer 591/482 boats...)

Pros:

- Wind/bug and RAIN and HAIL deflection for your partner (my driving force for the dual console was protection for my 6 yearold when we fish winters).

- covered/dry storage under the console for your partners stuff incase of rain, and a bonus is a 6 or 9 yearold trepper kid fits REAL easy under there!!! LOL

- looks real cool!

- glove box/storage for stuff

- place for a dry CD player/radio to be mounted securely which can be locked (on my to do list)

The safety/HAIL deflection does it for me, after riding in Dan N's single console 640lx the day he bought it, when a pop up thunderstorm dropped dime sized hail on us as we were running back to the ramp!!!

Having now had a dual console for 1 year, i'd never go back.

But it is also a personal choice, I know local tourney guys running 20-21ft boats that will NEVER get a dual console, as they put more value on the walk around space and fish fighting space vs. what ever the partner they draw cares about.

Now give me the $ and tow vehicle and i'd have a 911 to solve both problems!!!

Trep

Latest posts

Back