Pro Crappie owners need advice

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XMYTRUCK XMYTRUCK

Reaction score
Hello

I might buy a new pro crappie 175, I went to the dealer on and I was comparing the pro team to the pro crappie. I must say it is Jr. All Fish I love the layout of the boat, my only concern is the size of the live wells. Are the live wells big enough to fish a bass tournament? Could they fit 5 5-pound bass?

Also if anyone could tell me what he or she loves and hates about this boat would be great. I am thinking I am going to pair this boat with a 25 4-str motor.

I never bought a boat from a dealer is there room to negotiate the price, or are all tracker boats a fixed price?

Thanks X

I'm sure that TrepMan will chime in on this, as he has a ProCrappie.

Their pricing is fairly well fixed. Sometimes, you can get something special thrown in (life jackets, upgrades on certain items), but you'll probably find the actual price of the boat/motor/trailer they won't move on.

Tex

I have the 40hp on my PC175 and it moves around pretty good. I don't think the 25 would make you happy.

If you have a place up there to fish which will enable

you to put 5 5lb bass in the livewell I'll bring my Pro Crappie up there to see if they will fit!!!LOL

I've always 'catch and released' my bass so I don't know the livewells real capacity for a tourney.

Trep's the man to let you know, I'm sure he will chime in when he see's your post!

X - Trep here.

OK on tournaments are you talking 5 fish per person or 5 fish per boat? if it's 2 people 5 fish each, 10 total possible fish, then NO - period! My boat (and Mike L's) 2000 models had two 11 gallon aerated livewells (front of the console and under the passenger seat). I believe the newer models including the 2005 still have the 11 gallon one under the passenger seat, and the smaller front one is I believe less then 11 gallons. The tracker site still says the front one is 11 gallons, but since I know mine is and the newer ones are smaller I don't buy it being 11 gallons.

Now, to the five fish all around 5 lbs in the current model would be a real problem also. I had a 5lb 13oz in the front livewell (mine, not the smaller new one) for 8 hours with no problem but no other fish. I've had 5 fish in the front livewell before but all were 2lbs about. Since the passenger underseat 11 gallon is their too, it can help. but i'd not want more then 2 5+ lb fish in either livewell.

If you only fish tourney's occationaly and want the boat for all the other great features, you can always buy/build a seperate livewell that could be built into a rear extended deck (I thought about it if I was going to fish T's) which would give you the larger rear deck like the PT 175 with a HUGE livewell, but that's more $$ and time/effort.

I LOVE my boat, Eli and spent 6 hours in it yesterday and running up the Etowah river i LOVED passing big bass boats as they were fearful of running in the river (I also knew WHERE to run in the river channel!!!). I've got the 40 merc like Mike L, and while i'd LOVE the 75 for RUNNING the 40 is perfect unless it's long runs. But if the lakes you fish require 25 hp limits, you are stuck with a 25.

Everyone is right on fixed price, boat is NOT negotiable, but EVERY option you want IS through the dealer!

I could write a book about all I LOVE about the boat, so ask any specific questions or drop me an email.

Basicaly my only CONs are:

- Smaller new front livewell

- only 3 seat posts in the lower places, i'd like 2 in the back so I can easy take 4 people for a ride. Yes, it's as easy as me buying and installing 2 more seat mounts.

- Less storage then a PT 175.

Pros:

- LOVE the new fiberglass consoles (compared to my 2000)

- VERY flexible for ALL species of fishing (i've caught Stripers, Bass, Crappie, Catfish, Trout...) all out the boat, and I know Mike L. has been to Canada for Walleye in his.

- Handles GREAT, tows GREAT, SMooth ride, LOTS of movement in rough water and VERY Flexible seating.

- 2 bait wells are great for Crappie and Striper livebait fishing.

Trep

Hey Trep

Thanks for the advice I really appreciate the time you took. By what you said it sounds like a great boat. I never had real boat to consider tournament fishing nor do I have on the top of my list to do but I guess it

X - What drew me to this boat at the time was its family friendliness. I had a 3 yearold at the time and only a 14 ft jonboat, not very safe for him. Now he's 8, and my little one is 5 and on Sat I had all 3 of us out for a few hours. What's nice in the layout is when its a bit rough the boys sit on the front deck with their feet on the lower deck facing me, or they sit behind the driver/passenger seats when it's cold/wet to stay warm/dry.

If the primary lake you fish is power restricted then you answered your own question. As to the 25 4 stroke vs 25 2 cycle, its a $$ game really at that power level. The amount of gas either will burn over a year is negligeble, unless you live in CA or the lake will NOT allow 2 cycle motors. I'd personaly save the $700 and spend it on upgraded electronics and other toys!!!

Trep

Back