Pinch Me

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
Go ahead and pinch me I think I'm dreaming. I took the Tundra (Tuna Scowl) out for a loooong overdue spring check out drive and to see how my newly installed hydraulic steering worked.

First of all the steering worked 100% as advertised. And it came in under budget. Everything on the boat from the livewell, baitwells, electronics, etc all worked without any twinking, fussing or swearing.

Now I will either wake up from the dream or the cloud of bad luck will desend upon me for mentioning my good fortune. :p

fatrap

Took the Z21 out with Carlos to see if there were any gremlins and of course there were. We installed a new combination WP/Tach and the manufacturer...ahem....didn't sent the right pigtail to match the boat harness. We had to fab one. At least they re-designed the WP so that now the water line feeds into a sending unit rather than the back of the gauge. No more frozen gauges at $250 a pop. Steering column trim/tilt shorting out (nasty snap connectors under dash). And finally, Ranger is sending me a new set of axles for my trailer. You ain't alone brother.

Whats wrong with the axles? Did't think much could happen with them. But I'd better shut up or I'll find out the hard way.

Now I need to go fishing. I have to wait until I get back from Vegas next weekend.

fatrap

2005-2006 they had some bad welds and one of mine is cracked. Out of goodwill, they are replacing both. No dealer just me and the factory. Actually its a stand-up thing for them to do.

Tox,

Are you bringing the new rig to Wisconsin?

You betcha!! I couldn't be fishless another year, fishing off a pontoon with a 35hp 4 stroke was killin me. I'll get the dates and perhaps we can meet up. I'll try to stay out of Green Bay:lol:

Yeah, Carlos snagged the first "Stump Carp" in MY boat...I'm sure if the site had the pic function working he would rub it in even more!! I had to get used to being on the front deck again, it was windy and there were some caps so I was up there doing the one-legged jig trying to get my sea legs back on a new to me boat. What a good guide I am to take him out and put him on fish right outta the box!!:lol:

Latest posts

Back