Paint on Car &^%^$^$^%

• Thread starter William H. (Bill) Barham
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William H. (Bill) Barham

Reaction score
Anybody have any ideas? My niece has a 2005 Chrysler Mini-Van. While driving to visit me she was driving down a road that they were painting. She said that there were cones in the middle of the road where they were painting the yellow lines. HOWEVER, there were no cones on the side of the road that they had obviously painted earlier. While trying to stay away from the middle she got white paint all over he wheel wells and side of he new van. The county said something to the effect that she should have been more careful.

My question, after all of this: Does anyone know how to get this pain off without destroying the clear-coat or paint? It's real bumpy paint.

Bill

hey Bill,

had that happen awhile back to the wifes car and i used Meguiar's paint cleaner then i went back over it with the wax. The cleaner is clear coat safe and done an excellent job.

Steve ><}}}}'>

Bill, That happened to my wifes car, I scraped the paint of with my thumb nail. I took some soapy water and just slowly scraped the paint drops off the car paint. It works and won't scratch the clearcoat. Your thumb might be a little sore.

Chris

Easy off oven cleaner, then rewax the car.

Thanks Steve, Chris & Rich.. I'll pass these ideas on to my niece. I never in my life would have thought of oven cleaner.

Bill

WD40 will take it off. I just used it a couple of weeks ago on the wife's car.

DH

We had that happen when a building was being painted near a parking lot. The company had to hire pros to come clean about 100 cars. They used clay to remove the paint and then waxed the cars. I think that detailing clay is what was used.

One devil's night a few years ago, about 10 cars on my street got hit with spray paint. One of the neighbors used the oven cleaner, worked great!

Rich D

the easy way with out putting more chemicals on it is to use a clay bar, then wash and wax

It's like C4 but it won't blow!! LOLOLOL!!

It is also called Detailer's Clay, Mothers, Meguires and others make it. Not much different than modeling clay (like the kind you used to eat back in grade school Barham), but with some very low grade abrasives in it. Most is sold with a solution to spray a 3" X 3" square then rub it with the clay. I use high grade carwash solution at 1 part to 10 for the lubricant. I regularly "clay" my vehicles, it really truly cleans the surface without damage. You do have to re-wax.

Sorry, but I would NEVER put Easy-Off oven cleaner on my vehicles!!!LOL!!

TOXIC

Yea, I fugured that little bit of C-4 I have left would be overkill.. Oooops, better not say that:)

I'm passing all of these along to my niece and she is dutifully writing them down.

Thanks for all of the help.

Bill

Bill,

Just FYI, here in PA when PennDOT screws the pooch and paints without proper coning, they will reimburse to have the vehicle professionally cleaned. One night many years ago, I took my nice clean cruiser down a narrow street that PennDOT had just lined. My car looked like a 1/2 taxi when I got back to the PD - yellow from the door nolding on down. I've referred many a motorist for similar instances, and they've handled every claim. Not sure how it works down in MD, but can't hurt to give it a try.

Yea Terry, I told her to call the county. She said she should have been more careful even though only the center lines were coned. I think she just doesn't like confrontation. So I may do it for her:)

Thanks, Bill

Autozone carries a clay bar kit called Clay Magic for about $10. I've professionally detailed, and used all the more expensize kinds. This is just as good. Firm but not too firm. DON'T buy the Mothers or Megiaurs kits at Walmart/ Autozone. They are too too soft.

Just mix a spray bottle of water with a couple cap fulls of soap and keep the clay VERY well lubricated.

I think that Tox did that to his truck with the clay too. He may have some insight to the use of the clay.

Carlos