Optimax Warning Beep

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Wagner

Reaction score
I had my boat out for the first time this year, and as soon as I got up to 2000 RPM, I got a single continuous beep and then the Guardian kicked in and shut it back down to idle. It is a 2012 150HP Optimax Pro XS. I let the motor warm up for a good 10 minutes while parking the trailer, and there was a good stream of water coming out. The motor was bought new last year and I didn't have a single issue all last year. It seems funny that the first problem was after having it winterized last November. I will be taking it to Bass Pro this week, but I was wondering if anyone else ever had this happen.

Mike

I only get that continuous beep when going at around 1000 or so rpms, basically at just above idle speed. From what I've gathered from my research is bad thermostats, which I plan on replacing as soon as I can get the boat out of storage.

I have a 2009 150 opti and when I had 30 hours on it this happened. Took it back to BP and it turned out to be the water impeller. They would not repair it under warranty. Said it was a moving part that is not covered. It cost me over $300.00 for the repair. I was not a happy customer. Then this year first time out I had the three beep warning. It turned out to be a clogged oil line coming from the tank up to the motor. They worked four hours on it but did not charge me a dime. Made me a lot happier. I had 47 hours on the motor. When I had the impeller problem I had a hour meter installed on the dash so I could keep up with the hours. Good luck.

Just a bought a 2012 Nitro Z7 with 150 Opti, first time out last Saturday my Boat did the same thing total of 2 hours on it. Mercury replaced the thermosats and water impeller put it in the Tank and said it was fine now.

Mike what is your water pressure gauge reading? Daddy don I think you got ripped on impeller change. 300$!! Just had mine done 170$ on a 150 opti. You must of had it done at bass pro. I used to do it myself but getting lazy.

Mine did the same this past weekend.it beeped for about 4 sec and didn't hear it again the whole day.bass pro is almost 2 hrs away is this somethingbi need to bring to them ir keep an eye on?

Thanks to everyone who replied.

tj, my water pressure when running at WOT last summer was around 18. When I got the beep today, I was only at 2000 RPM and the water pressure was about 5. I couldn't go any higher than that since the guardian shut it back down to idle.

Mike

Latest posts

Back