opinion poll

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Humminbird all the way. Better customer service, more reliable quality (at least in my experience!). YMMV.

Ill put in another vote for Humminbird.

For me Lowrance has totally lost me as a customer because of the crap i delt with for two years with my 520's

Dodge! No, wait... Chevy! Or Ford!

Same arguement. Go to the store, look at both unit displays and features side by side and buy the one that YOU are happy with.

I'm a Lowrance man, but I know many that love 'birds. Some have a hatred of the other brand they dont own anymore due to various reasons that affected them. Point is, don't base your decision on such a large purchase on the opinions of a half dozen or so people.

All the best,

Glenn

A while back I was shopping around for new electronics. It takes me awhile due to wanting to ask Q's and looking at reviews etc. I love my lowrance and was going to go with it again and let me tell you, it was a close match. Could have gone either way until I actually sat down and looked at them in person. The biggest thing that changed my mind was the clarity of the screen of the HB over the Lowrance. Much clearer.. However, I dont think you can go wrong with either unit.

Max

I've never owned anything but Lowrance and have had a couple of issues with both the 520 and HDS7 but, Lowrance CS has always taken care of the problem in fast order. So based of customer service I vote Lowrance.

I too am a lowrance man. Always have been. Last bird I owned was the lcg4000id :)

Ask neeley this question. He may give you more insight. he doesnt have an HDS, but he has both brands on his boat.

I am loving my setup now that its all networked and the new 4.0 update came out.

Ive owned 4 different HB and all broke within 1-2 years...

Ive owned 2 eagles (made by lowrance) and 1 lowrance and all of them still work

the oldest unit is an eagle cuda about 12 years old...

Latest posts

Back