OK all you "spirits" enthusiasts

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Trying to beat all, to stock my bar for the upcoming season and my open house. Here's what I have so far, what I am getting, and some questions.

Have 6 or 7 bottles of assorted wine. White zin, red zin, merlot, light merlot, Chardonnay, etc. Got the wines covered.

Currently in stock:

Capt Morgan rum

Absolut Vodka

Rootbeeer schnapps (don't ask, it'll be there a LONG time)

Tangeray (sp?) gin

Bacardi rum

peach tree schnapps

brandy (can't recall name right now)

To get, do the prices sound right to you?

Scotch-single malt. Now I've heard JW is some of the best, especially the "special select" or sumpin like that. But my liquor guy says no? Actually, for once he pushed me towards "Famous Grouse" $25 p/ltr a much cheaper kind, but he is assures me it is as good. Works for me, I'm a Grouse guide! LOL

Jack Daniels $28 p/ltr (a must in every bar) but can't swing the Gentleman's Jack just yet. Sorry Buzz, you'll have to make do! LOL

Southern Comfort $25 p/ltr (for those who like that kind of stuff)

Absolut Citron $26 p/<ltr (for those funky ladies drinks)

Kahlua (ditto) $26

Bailey's $22

Grand Marnier $42 (ouch) How many drinks actually require this???

Amaretto $12 (that's more like it)

Firewater $19 (for the fall down drunk, get stupid nights!)

Gold Schlager $29 (gold???)

Buttershots $11

Crown Royal $28

then of course there will be all the little novelty liquors. Anyone wanting to contribute....feel free! LOL This stocking the bar thing is 'spensive! Watcha gotta do to get 'em wholesale? Can I get this stuff cheaper somewhere on line?

When you got to the scotch I was going to tell you about the "grouse" it is very good for the money.

I didn't see any Canadian Beer on the list?

If you want it....bring it. I don't drink it! LOL We can run to the border (10 minutes) and get the real stuff.

Rob, you should take a ride to the closest New hampshire state liquor store to you. The prices there are cheaper then you mentioned and if your buying a lot of stuff it may be worth the trip. they have all the prices on this link.
http://www.nh.gov/liquor/pl00.shtml

Thanks Jim. I tried one of those sites and couldn't get it to work right. I think they're watching that closely though, since I'm supposed to pay taxes on it! LOL I can't do it all in 1 trip. I've been buying 2 bottles a week to slowly stock up. But paying full price is killing me. Maybe my liquor guy will give me a discount. yeah right! LOL

Rob,

Alot of sugery shot type liquors.....I have those and do not count them as part of the "stock".....unless of course you are gonna have a lot of college kids over..LOL.

A lot depends on if you are going to serve your drinks "neat" (straight) or as a coctail. With that in mind it is possible to have 2 of the same kind of liquors. For instance, if I were to want a shot of Tequila, I would want Citron, Cuervo 1800 or another "priemum" maker. I were to drink a tequila coctail, say a tequila sunrise or an Oklahoma Prarie Fire, you could use the cheaper brands (notice I said cheaper not cheap...you can always tell cheap liquor).

Basic Stock that you can make most any drink with (no specialities or after dinner straights):

Gin

Vodka

Brandy

Whiskey

Rum, tequila, cachaca

vermouth

Liqueurs

Mixers

Tonic Water

Bitter Lemon

Ginger Ale

Seven up, Sprite

Cola

Mineral water (still and sparlling)

Soda Water

There are some very good pre-made mixers for Marguarita's etc., I prefer to make all of mine.

Juices (fresh squeezed if possible)

Grapefruit

Orange

Lemon

Lime/Grenadine (Roses)

cranberry

Pineapple

Tomato

Always put jucies in plastic containers.

Fresh Fruits

This would get you through an average get together but it would take a little time to stock for say a "theme" party. You can also reduce inventory if you know what the majority of your guests will be drinking.

Can you tell my father ran 5 restaurants and all had bars in them!!LOL Don't get me started on the "shots" that I have made and/or tried!!

TOXIC

I can just see Rob driving full speed over the N.H. mountian roads in a souped up 49 Ford with a fake gas tank full of Root Beer Schnapps...with the Feds on his tail.

Hey Rob you forgot about the real GOOD STUFF....Boones Farm Apple Wine!! Uuummmmm Ummmmmmm

Harpo

MD 20/20!! & Annie Green Springs!!

For the discriminating wino.....

If I am going to drink a lot of tequila it will be a priemum Mezcal, it is the only tequila that is single distilled. There are 3 kinds of tequila:

Pulque- fresh, fermented agave juice.

Tequila- agave distilled wine (from the blue-green Maguey agave)from a designated area in the mexican state of Jalisco.

Mezcal-agave distilled wine not from the area above. Very secret and special plants used.

TOXIC

"Grand Marnier $42 (ouch) How many drinks actually require this???"

Ya dang well better NOT mix anything with that!! Grand Marnier is an entity in and of itself, don't ya dare bastardize it with any of that other sugar water! =^)

I agree with Tox. Look into smaller bottles of the top shelf stuff and the bigger bottles for mixing liquor.

Remember, no bar is complete without a humidor and some good cigars. Don't by a box of one brand. Buy a handful of different brands for different tastes and strengths. If you don't have a local tobacco shop, I can post a couple links of good internet sites that will sell by the stick.

Rich D

Terry,

Sometimes Grand Mariner goes in my Marguarita's....mmmmmmm.

Try some of this tequila!!

Trivia: Anybody know why the worm is in there?

TOXIC
IMG0047.jpg

There is no reason. It was put in as a marketing gimmick starting in the 50's.

Rob i would be surprised if you had a problem going a drive to NH to buy a few bottles of booze. Mass has huge taxes on alcohol and i "import" it all the time from NH when im up there fishing. When my sister got married she wanted an open bar so my parents and i took my truck and my fathers van and want to NH and filled them both with beer, liquor and wine enough for a party of about 150 without problem. Then i got bartender friend to run the bar and it was party on.

Tox, Well, ok. I can see adding a special "bouquet" to a Marguarita. Just cringe when I see people pour a well-aged Marnier then destroy it with something like a cheap cola. <shudders>

Rob,

An excellent bourbon, please, Maker's Mark is my choice... But, honestly, if you check around and can buy George Dickel "Tennessee Whiskey" it will do at about 2/3s the price of "Mark".

When you come out Greg, bring a bottle to leave! LOL I don't drink most of this stuff, just like to have it about when my friends from the NTOWS stop by for a BBQ. As for cigars, Buzz and Mac will have to bring their own. I thought liquor was expensive.....? Them gars can get up to $20 a pop.

Man, I am glad I don't live where you guys do! I can get Fuente Fuente Opus' for about 8.50 to maybe 12.00 a stick and they are top of the line smokes. I keep about 20 every day smokes in my humidor at all times and they are less than $2 a stick, different brands, all good, excellent for a quick smoke that I may not get to finish or if I am working out in the yard. Then I keep about 10 mid range around $4 to $6 a stick for times I want to relax and enjoy a cigar. Then I have about 5 or 10 Fuente's or other high ends aging for special occassions.

Rich D

Last night I had a dream that I drank the world's largest margarita............. when I woke up, there was salt all over the toilet seat. Man, I sure am glad I didn't eat the worm!! LOL

Tom

After I catch Spinecrusher! LOL!! I try not to smoke while fishing anymore. I lost 2 fish when an ash blew onto the line and melted it!

what a bunch of drunks.. lol

i don't drink to much, but have become very fond of tequila. go figure.

1800 is good, i find souza gold to be even better , souza gold especial even better, and finnally Don Eduardo Anejo Tequila gold $50.00 a bottle NH style. but man is it smooth

if you or you friends drink tequila you must have a bottle on hand.

Latest posts

Back