Oil warning alarm?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got a question for you guys. I have a 2004 225 OptiMax and this weekend I was fishing and just after I get on plane the oil warning alarm comes on (I think that it is the oil alarm). I let up on the throttle and the alarm quites and does not come on any more until I stop and then get up on plane again and the same thing happens. The oil reservoir if full.

Any ideas?

I had a friend of mines that did the exact thing while we were fishing and it turned out to be the water pump. Is it pissing?

I had the same problem and it turned out to be the screen in the oil pick up reservois was clogged. I took it out, did not disconnect it, and cleaned it with gas and the alarm went away. There is some kind of fungus or something else that clogs that screen and then doesn't allow the tank on the motor to fill and the alarm goes off. It starts off as intermitent and eventually will sound full time. Just something to check that may be an easy fix.

KLSU, yes there is water coming out the back.

Tornado, it the screen in the oil tank or on the engine?

Happened to me once and till this day not sure why. The drain plug "fell":blink: out and when I got on it the alarm would come on. Figured the plug was out when my feet got wet. Pulled her in drained and haven't had an alarm since.

I had a similar problem some years back, and it was my alarm itself. It had a worm spot on the electrical, and certain vibrations set it off. Mine is an older boat, so not sure if it would do this on a newer boat, but something to consider.

I found it, when I had the key on (boat on trailer working on it) and I was trying to look at/feel around the alarm. Found when I grabbed/touched it a certain way, it would go off. Chased this problem on and off for almost a year before I found it (the 'shop' couldn't find it either).

Tex

Had a similar situation with an EFI. Seems the tank on the engine and the remote tank both had to be full. The tank on my engine was not full and the alarm would go off. Filled the tank and have never had a problem since!

Randy!

Check the small tank on the engine. Also remember the recommended way to fill it is to take the cap off the engine tank and let it fill through the vaccum. Do not just pour oil in the small reservoir. Then find out why the small tank isn't full. Mine was a cracked saddle tank.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back