Oil dripping out of Outboard

• Thread starter Christopher Laurencio
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Laurencio

Reaction score
My O/B, 200hp Evinrude leaks small amounts of oil out of the carbs. Is this normal, does it happen with everyones? Maybe because I use the motor lock vs. a Transom Saver my O/B sits a little more trimmed up then most? I never noticed in my merc.

Yep... it isn't oil that's leaking, it's oil/gas. The fuel just evaporates. Perfectly normal.

If you'd have bought a Aluminium Tracker with a Merc that would NOT happen!!! BBWWAAAAAA

you mean one of those little pimple sized engines?

Hey Trep, I will be fishing in a Avalanche tonight! HaHa to yourself

If I bought a Tracker I would not see the oil because it would be way too diluted with all the water leaking in the rivets and I would be to concerned with the rug floating away once the glue gave up. :p

Yeah my little pimple moves me about 45...fast enough for me. no leaks of anykind and will blind you vs. dem perty sparkles:lol:

Now Come on guys, are we going to gang up on the new Ranger guy????I would expect that kinda treatment from Trep, but from Tee?

dem perty sparkles attract dem angry brown fish and scare dem lazy green fish away!
maiden voyage 3.jpg

Oh Bling Bling!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Just ask those Pro's at the classic it ain't the boat baby!!!!

Oh and the pimple on the back of my Tracker and I are going fishing for Stripers in about 10 mins!!

Trep out!!

I like the Boat......Of course I am prejidious,or how ever you spell It...Hell just ask Carlos......;););)

OK Chris I'm back - How did you do?? We went live baitfishing for Stripers and Walleye and only got 4 bass on crankbaits!!! LOL Artificials slammed live bait today, wierd!!!

Trep

Ahhhh just pokin' CJ:D I wouldn't mind havin' that Monkey Boat:D:lol:

Dave, no offense to your Tracker or Tee's, or mine for that matter. No it didn't have rivets and the rug was in like new condition. I was busting on Trep for busting on me. Don't take it that way OK. Trep and I were goofing on eachother, that's all.

I didn't buy a 150, it's a 200! LOL.

I fish many lakes in NJ & PA, including the DE which makes a 20' boat feel like a 10' jon boat. The HP makes no difference for the Electric only lakes in my area, the fishing platform, stability and not getting blown in circles does however make a huge difference for me.

BTW, what happened to those secret drop shot baits you were sending me?

Trepper has got to have the best quote of all time, considering Van Dam (who fishes out of a Nitro) won the Classic.

"Just ask those Pro's at the classic it ain't the boat baby!!!!"

Trep, your pro-staff deal has hit a slight bump in the road :)

Tee, not sure on the gas yet, I would imagine it's going to be fair to good. The hull weight on that particular model is only 1300lbs. The Max HP is 200.

Not sure what grade gas to use, the previous owner said premium but the sticker on the O/B states medium grade?

89 will give you all you need. No need to to higher octane...you won't benefit.

Now get out there and fish it hard this weekend:D

Snow - yup, blew my pro-staff deal right there!! LOL

Darn and other then that comment I bet with my Tourney record as a boater (1 rally, first place and Big Fish) they are lining up at my door!!!

If that is an oil injected motor, at certain rpm's it does blow oil/gas back out the carbs, but your air box should catch it and funnel it back into your bottom carb. If oil is leaking out of the bottom cowl, check your air box cover at the bottom, there should be a gasket there that might need replacing. I've changed a few and seals it right up.

Latest posts

Back