Obama on Guns and the 2nd Amendment

• Thread starter Greg Meyer [URL]http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
Someone posted quotes from Obama's website that tries to portray him as a supporter of Sportesmen and being in favor of only reasonable restrictions...

That is just not true...

Look not at what he says for political convenience. Look at how he has voted in the Illinois State Senate... Here is the link, below.

He is a fanatical anti-gun liberal. He actually supported a ban on something like 95% of sporting ammunition, among other things. He has only recently tried to spin his positions. He has flipped and flopped on the DC ban. He emphatically stated his support for the DC handgun ban and stated he believed it was "constitutional". Then , after the Supreme Court Decision he tries to sell the spin that he has always believed it was an individual right, but one that actually guaranteed nothing.
http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=3991

The guy's a joke,...he wants to ban every gun that is capable of holding 5 or more shells!! My 870 remington shotgun would become illegal......my 10/22 would be illegal,..both of my pistols would be illegal....only my 2 bolt action rifles and a couple shotguns i have would still be legal if he takes up residence in DC!! When are these people going to get a clue!!?? Doesn't he realize that the very same people that would be in charge of protecting his life, AND his family.....would have to give up their automatic pistols and machine guns,..and start carrying sling-shots?!

Barry the community organizer is an enemy of the 2nd Amendment plain and simple. It doesn't take much research to find out what Barry's thoughts on gun ownership were prior to running for President. Chicago has a criminal problem and he and Mayor Daley believe a key tenet in solving it is more gun laws and not locking up criminals. Of course now he's running for President and running away from his beliefs of 2 years ago. He's a total phony without conviction.

Just in case you can't open the link above.

FACT: Barack Obama voted against the confirmation of 2 of the 5 Justices that affirmed an individual right to keep and bear arms.

FACT: Barack Obama voted to allow reckless lawsuits designed to bankrupt the firearms industry.1

FACT: Barack Obama wants to re-impose the failed and discredited Clinton Gun Ban.15

FACT: Barack Obama voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.3

FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a 500% increase in the federal excise tax on firearms and ammunition.9

FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a complete ban on handgun ownership.2

FACT: Barack Obama supports local gun bans in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and other cities.4

FACT: Barack Obama voted to uphold local gun bans and the criminal prosecution of people

who use firearms in self-defense.5

FACT: Barack Obama supports gun owner licensing and gun registration.6

FACT: Barack Obama refused to sign a friend-of-the-court Brief in support of individual Second Amendment rights in the Heller case.

FACT: Barack Obama opposes Right to Carry laws.7

FACT: Barack Obama was a member of the Board of Directors of the Joyce Foundation, the leading source of funds for anti-gun organizations and